Friday, November 21, 2008

Not So Fun Friday

Emma is feeling the effects of her immunizations and therefore, so am I. She slept well, which is certainly a praise item. When she woke up it went down hill. She immediately laid her head on my shoulder and that is where it has been for most of the morning. She had one little episode of gagging and vomited slightly. She was feverish and hasn't' drunk anything this morning. She doesn't drink from a sippy cup yet and refuses to take anything but milk from the bottle. I remember learning the hard way with Brady that milk and fever don't go well together. Projectile vomiting is something that you never forget.

She is sitting at my feet right now playing her new drum with 2 ink pens. The Tylenol has kicked in and she is feeling a little better. I'm sure it won't last long. I'm hoping she takes a long nap and lets me do the same since I have to work tonight.

Our weekend is uncharted territory right now. I suppose it will depend on how she feels. We need to paint her bedroom, do some outside work, etc. Bo and Brady want to go hunting as well. Brady isn't feeling very well either. After seeing the Allergist yesterday he was prescribed an antibiotic and steroids since his asthma was beginning to flare up. The good news was that they are going to let us stop the allergy shots in February and see how he does. He has been on them for over 5 years so that will be a nice treat indeed.

Ashton is planning on playing golf this afternoon with the golf team. It's so cold and windy outside! Maybe when you are 12 that doesn't phase you.

Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Oh, I'm SO sorry to read that Emma isn't doing well today. That's always hard when they feel funky. Prayers that she is feeling better already.