Friday, April 2, 2010

Our Week In Review

I am seeing a trend on my postings. It appears that I'm only averaging about once a week. I keep thinking that I will do better, but I make no promises....


Monday was a busy blur. I met with the guidance counselors at Ashton's school at 8:00 to get him registered for high school. I met with Brady's principal at 10 to get him signed up for his Junior year classes. Oh dear Lord help us..... Rushed home and got Miss Emma down for a nap while Bo went for a doctor's appointment. When he got home we took off for Emma's eye appointment and that's where the fun began. We had no idea where we were going and it took us much longer than anticipated. It was not a fun time to be riding in our car. When we arrived at our appointment (an hour late or so I thought), I was in an extremely foul mood only to find out that we were just 10 minutes late and that I had written it down wrong. So at least that was a good thing, but then I had to listen to my sweet husband gloat about it. I have not mentioned that I also did the same thing with our appointment with the accountant. The only thing was that I wrote it down a month late. Needless to say, that wasn't fun either. I can only say that I think I may have to much going on and my head gets a little cloudy sometimes......


Emma was not too impressed with the eye exam, although she did fairly well. The doctor said her eyes were normal after dilating them and we headed out of there with our cool new glasses. They lasted about 5 seconds.


Tuesday was spent going to the ear doctor. She had a hearing test and got a clean bill of health on that end.


Wednesday.......We met with the school Psychologist and she had her evaluation. She scored very well on her IQ test and the only part we have left is the speech evaluation. We visited the preschool and Emma seemed to enjoy it after she warmed up a little. I was pleased with what I saw and I am sure that it will be a good choice for her. She would receive speech therapy twice a week as well as O.T. That would eliminate us traveling twice a week for speech (except for the summer). There was one little girl in the class who certainly ran the show. She was adorable and kept saying "Ni Hao" to Emma. She didn't know that Emma was Chinese until I told her, but had certainly been watching a lot of Nick Jr.


So my baby will be going to preschool soon if all goes as planned. I'm having a hard time with it, but I know that she needs it. I may sit outside the first day and cry the entire time, but I wouldn't be the first mother to do so:)


Yesterday marked the 19 month anniversary of our Gotcha day. Emma was 19 months old when we got her, so she has been here as long as she was in China. That sort of makes me sad. In a perfect world she would have been living with her biological parents in her country and as much as I love her, that is the way it was supposed to be. But in this world, that is certainly far from perfect, her parents couldn't raise her for what ever reason, and she was meant to be ours. I am thankful for that. Unless you are an adoptive parent, this probably sounds a little crazy to you. It's really hard to put in words.


So, fast forward to today, and Emma is outside with her daddy "helping" in the garden. She wants to be outside all of the time. She points outside and practically begs to go out constantly. This girl is not a girly girl at all. She wants to ride on the tractor, feed her chickens, etc. It's really sweet, except when I am trying to do things in the house and she is crying to be outside!


Have a happy Easter and may God fill you with his love.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Glad her eyes and ears checked out. Happy Easter to you and your family. :)