Saturday, April 10, 2010

A Pretty Hard Week

This has been a pretty sad week all the way around. It has nothing to do with my air conditioner going out or my dryer, which has been fixed for a small fee of $200. So we are back in business and the air conditioner should be fixed this week.


It's hard not to question God sometimes and I try really hard not to. I don't understand why people have to suffer and babies have to die and families have to be torn apart by sadness. Yes I do, it's about the fall. When Satan tempted Eve and she succumbed to that temptation, that's where the problems began. I get that, but I don't "GET" that. I still don't understand why bad things happen to good people and bad people seem to just run a muck and never think twice. I suppose God is giving them a second, third, fourth, etc chance. He's good at that. I would not make a very good God:)


We had a death in our family this week. It was a toddler and it was incredibly sad. I have no doubt that he is in Heaven and enjoying his new found pain free life to the fullest. Meanwhile, back on Earth, we suffer. We are sad, we may be angry, we may be filled with lots of questions. That's the reality. So our comfort is knowing that this little one is surrounded by all the wonderful things in Heaven. I would ask when you think of it, say a prayer for his family. Not going into any details, but it's not a Christian home and there is a lot of turmoil. We hope this could be a turning point for them.


In addition to that sadness, today was spent at a prayer service for a dear friend and my former boss who has cancer. The outlook is not good and short of a miracle he may not make it. This is a man that 6 months ago was playing golf, working in the ED and keeping "his nurses" straight. Seeing him today and knowing what he and his precious family have been going through was difficult to say the least. He is a Christian and has the complete assurance of Heaven but that doesn't mean that he wants to leave his family and friends. Funny how that works. At this celebration of his life and prayer for his healing, it was a great opportunity to show how much we all love him. One of our friends pointed out however, why is it that we wait until tragedy strikes to tell people how much we love them and what they mean to us. We should do that everyday. My family has always been a very touchy, huggy family. It as how I was raised so it comes easy to me. It doesn't for some folks and that's okay too. But as I have been thinking about the events of this week and especially of today, I have thought about how much I do love my friends. I don't have a great number of really close friends, but the ones that I do are so special to me. It's such an enormous blessing and I hope that I can work harder at letting them know just what they mean to me.


Okay, so this post has been a bit all over the place and rather depressing if I do say so myself. I just needed to put some of my thoughts into words so I can process it a little better.


So, tell someone that you love them today. Do a nice deed for someone. You never know what tomorrow can bring and I really want to place some focus on that.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I'm sorry you've had such a sad week. It is so hard to understand when we see those we love suffering. I'm praying for you and your family!

Leah said...

I'm so sorry for all your family is going through. Thinking of you at this difficult time.

Erica said...

What a difficult week but one that will hopefully affect lives for Christ. Praying for you, your family, the toddler's family, and your former boss.

Edgar and Barbara said...

Mayme...I'm so sorry for your loss and for what you, your family and friends are going through. May GOD bless you all and give you all comfort during these difficult days.

On a lighter note...GOD brought you and your family into our lives 19 months ago for a reason and I am SO thankful that we met, on our to China. Your family is very special to us! And we love you all!! I really hope we (all) can see each other soon!

GOD bless!!! : )
Barbara