Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Bits and Pieces and all that jazz

First of all, I have to brag on my triple coupons deals this morning at Harris Teeter. It was by far my best one yet. I bought all of these items and the price was $45.67 (granted H.T. is toooo expensive) and after coupons my total was $6.24 plus tax. Not a bad haul if I do say so myself.

I had my last meeting with the preschool team this morning and Emma is scheduled to start on Monday morning and I will be getting a prescription for Valium this weekend. This is a hard one. I had a hard time letting the boys "go" as well, but this is different. I know that she needs to be around other kiddos and this will be a good thing. It's not like anyone is forcing me to do this, it's just hard. I am only committing to 3 mornings a week and it's only for a a few weeks until school is out. She will return in the fall. Maybe........I'm having a really hard time thinking about her being away from me and yet I know that it will be good for her. I know everyone has their own opinions on child care, preschool, day care, etc. and that's fine. I am fortunate that I work a shift that I can be home with my kids during the week. I just know that it's time for her to be around other kids in a structured setting. I'm seeing her show a need for that. So my sacrifice is 3 mornings a week. It will allow her the chance to have more speech therapy as well as O.T. This a good thing. I will be chanting that for the next few days.


Well, apparently my life is extremely boring because I have nothing else to write. I'm sure that my talk of laundry, dishes, dusting, and general domestic duties is riveting, but I don't want to take you away from something more pressing like watching the NASA channel or CSPAN.


Oh, and on the topic of domestic duties. If you are the proud owner of a Shark Steam Mop like myself and you decide to remove the head prior to it cooling down completely, mark my word, you will receive at least a 1st degree burn or perhaps a 2nd like myself. NOT GOOD. I hate house work....

3 comments:

Amy said...

Girl, I love your blog because you always make me chuckle. I love the NASA/CSPAN comment. That's exactly how I feel about most of my posts...one big YAWN! Great job on the triple coupons. I so wish we had a HT nearby. I'm sure Emma will do fine at preschool but I can't imagine how hard it will be to drop her off. I don't know how I'll ever be able to do that one day!

Stacey said...

Mayme. I'd love to hear where Emma is going to preschool. The little girls went to MDO at First Methodist and then Mt Herman, but they have both closed down now. Ephraim goes to preschool at Vandy for two hours each Thursday, but I'd love to put him in a local morning program a couple of mornings a week.

Wife of the Pres. said...

Ditto what Amy said! I'm LAUGHING OUT LOUD at the aging with grace post! I am getting the hair deal before 40, though I'm not far behind you on that count.

As for preschool, let's cry together? I can't believe I'm doing it, but I've signed Li'l Miss and Li'l Dude up for fall preschool. I had to do it. I know she needs it, but in all honesty I feel like I need it. Is that bad? Oh, I feel bad for typing it, but I know she needs to be around other children her age and I know I need help with helping her flourish even more.

{{{HUGS}}}