Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday

Emma parked herself in front of the T.V. and pretended to be listening to headphones. Notice how she is crossing her legs. She has been doing that a lot lately and it cracks me up.

Fake smile.

Snow boots were the rage when it was 70 degrees outside. She is nothing if not stylish.



Another busy week! I couldn't even begin to play catch up.
I had to make a list for speech this week of Emma's words. I was pleasantly surprised when I wrote the words down. We had 50 on our list and I have since thought of a few more. Granted, the average person wouldn't understand them but we do.
  • Ashti (Ashton)
  • baba (momma)
  • hat
  • arm
  • Ophie (Sophie - the dog)
  • chicken
  • I don't know (she says it every time we pull into the driveway...I have no idea
  • I love you
  • Bubba (both boys)
  • shower
  • shoes
  • socks
  • eat
  • eggs
  • giggee (Bo's mom)
  • Rory (It sounds so cute how she says it)
  • cow
  • dog
  • applesauce
  • banana
  • noodles
  • nanoo (potty or anything she thinks is dirty)
  • teeth
  • Eldo (Elmo)
  • Wiggles (only we can understand this one)
  • cheese
  • outside
  • night night
  • please
  • thank you (it's more of an under her breath sound that she makes)
  • DOE (this is the one used most frequently)
  • bath
  • jump
  • eyes
  • mouth
  • ears
  • nose
  • Bop (pop - Bo's dad)
  • Jack (mother's dog)
  • Good Job

There were more words on the list, but silly me didn't make a copy of the list.

She is scheduled for her eye appointment on Monday and a hearing test on Tuesday. All of this leads up to a preschool evaluation on Wednesday. I am not looking forward to it, but I know that if she qualifies (and no doubt she will), that she will be getting more speech therapy and she will be around other kids. She really needs that, but I'm having a hard time with it.

I decided this week that I am an old mother. I let Emma eat bologna for breakfast and lunch more than once this week. She loves it and you have to pick your battles. I don't care if she eats it even though it has no nutritional value and I'm not a huge fan of it. It's like the snow boots, who really cares? If she is happy and it's no big deal, then who is to say that it's not okay. Now I would have never let the boys eat bologna for breakfast. That really wasn't an issue because they hate it! So yes, I'm and old and tired mother. But I had a really happy girl when she was able to eat her favorite food of the moment. Well, her favorite is probably M&M's, but I'm not that old and tired. Those are saved for special occasions, like dinner......

Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Beth T. said...

I completely understand about the bolgona, and I'm not an old mother. :)

Maria said...

From another old mama, just let it roll right off your back. The photos attest to the fact that she is doing FANTASTICLY (is that a word? who cares!) and is happy. And, honestly, isn't that what it's all about? She's adorable, by the way!