Monday, March 22, 2010

Easter Egg Hunt and Emma's 3 year check up

We had a nice weekend that started off with an Easter Egg Hunt at the hospital where I work. Our Easter Bunny was named Darryl according to my friend Angel. She obviously has some connections somewhere. Emma did great with the bunny and I was completely shocked.

Emma loving on Mason. These are the cutest pictures.

Look how Mason is looking up at Emma. I'm sure he's thinking "I wish this girl would leave me alone."

Just simply 2 of the cutest kids ever.



She wasn't so sure about the whole egg thing. She was really happy when she discovered a sucker laying on the ground just waiting on her.



Little Buddha. Look at how serious he was.


Mason refused to look up during any of the Easter bunny pictures.





She is keeping a close eye on this character.
Who knew the Easter bunny was Irish?



Emma had her 3 year physical today and Dr. H was very pleased with her growth. She has blossomed since coming home. She is 39.75" tall, putting her in the 94th percentile. She weighs 33.4 lbs, putting her in the 71 percentile. She has gained 12 pounds since coming home and grown a little over 6 inches. My girl is getting BIG.
He thinks she may have some vision issues and has scheduled us an appointment with the Vision folks at Vandy. Oh great, another trip to my child's happy place.
I discussed several of my concerns with him and he said none of it was worth stressing over. That always makes a mom feel better. I shared with him the fact that I cannot get a first morning urine on this child because she refuses to pee in a plastic collector (hat) and will hold it until she's about to blow. He has decided that we can just hold off on that for a while until she is a little more tolerable. I'm guessing when she is about 10 or 11. He was thrilled with her tenacity. I think that is a nice word for stubbornness. He just gets paid to put it more nicely:) His sweet nurse Pam discovered Emma's tenacity when she attempted to take a blood pressure. It was determined that both mine and Emma's was high. Emma would not let her do it and sweet Pam just called it quits.
Tonight I have to attend Ashton's high school orientation. I don't like this and can't even believe that my baby boy will go to high school next year. Bo is getting old.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

It's always good to get a good report from the doctor! I noticed tonight at gymnastics how much taller Emma is than Rory!

What makes him think she has vision issues? He said the same thing about Camden but told us to just wait to see if it becomes an issue at school.