Monday, March 1, 2010

My Girl is the Potty Queen

At the risk of overstating our progress, Emma has become the potty queen. She has been dry all weekend except for bedtime and has pooped in the potty twice. She wants to wear her panties and is offended that she has to wear a diaper at bedtime. I put her in a pull up for our trip to Vandy this morning and she stayed dry the entire time. She came home and immediately used the potty. I am so proud of her! This area has gone much more smoothly than I anticipated.


We saw the Endocrinologist this morning and basically came away without a diagnosis. They want to repeat a urine on her and then make a decision if they will do the water deprivation test. They were encouraged by some of the things we discussed and don't really seem to think that she has DI. They indicated that children with DI drink constantly and prefer water to any other beverage. The doctor even asked if I had ever found her drinking from the toilet? HELLO. The answer would be no! Apparently the thirst for these kids is so intense they can't help themselves. They do think something is causing the dilute urine results, but are encouraged that it is probably not DI. So we will see what the next urine test reveals and go from there.


18 months ago today Emma was placed in our arms. It's hard to believe that it's been that long already. She has blessed us so much. She has come so far and continues to amaze me every day. There isn't a day that goes by that this kid just doesn't make me laugh. She oozes personality and I am so proud to be her mother.


My husband survived his Friday night with only 6 boys. The man cave looked a bit worse for wear, but it withstood. I have to admit I'm glad I was at work for that one.


Nothing else too exciting to offer. I'm off the put my girl down for a much needed nap. I may even take one myself:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Emma! I knew she would catch on---love her heart.

Mrs. Brenda

Melissa said...

Time flies, doesn't it?