Thursday, March 4, 2010

Clean Up on Aisle 8

Today has just been one of those days that I wish I could have stayed in bed with the covers over my head and forgotten about. Why? I have no idea. I just have not had a very good day. I think Satan has gotten my number and doesn't want to quit calling.


After screaming at my boys to get up this morning, splashing Brady with water and threatening to beat them both, they finally were out of the house. Emma and I had to grab a shower and get ready for speech. Our shower was cold. We have been having some water heater issues and they seem to come and go. Bo evidently thought they were better, but that could be because he gets the first shower every morning and I follow after 2 teenagers. While on that subject, I had no towels in my linen closet. It's not that we don't have towels, it's that Ashton has suddenly decided that it requires 2 bath towels and a hand towel to dry himself. I have decided that it would only take one to choke him with, so I'm hoping that he and I have come to an understanding. I located a Pooh beach towel and used that this morning. Emma and I took our very quick and cold shower and jumped out. While I was lamenting the fact that I would like to kill my teenagers for using all of the water and towels and feeling just a bit sorry for myself, I asked God to please help me cheer up. That's when I saw it. While drying my hair I heard Emma and looked around the corner of my bedroom to see a naked 3 year old with a hair brush as a microphone singing and dancing her little heart out. It was too cute and I thanked God for that light moment. Unfortunately it didn't last long.


Off to speech and then to the grocery. Emma now understands that all she wants to do when we go to Kroger is push her own cart. I'm okay with that to some degree. Today might not have been the best day considering my mood. We managed to get through the store with only my shins being run over until we reached the shampoo/makeup aisle. She had been warned several times to slow down and pay attention (to which she replied "Doe"), but that didn't keep her from running into a Lip Smackers display and knocking it over. I was almost to the point of no return, but somehow I managed to keep it together.


I have been thrilled with her potty training so far. However, that being said, I am not enjoying being out with her and trying to potty. We went to the restroom twice while at Kroger and she just couldn't do her business. She did manage to hold it until she got home which was rather impressive. I also can't get her to pee in the "hat' that I'm using to collect her urine specimen. The child refuses. Oh my, what to do, what to do.


My firstborn child Brady is the sweetest boy sometimes. He lives in his own little world that I really don't want to enter. He just walks around lost most of the time. While riding with my mother to school one morning this week he said to her "I'm in a daze". No truer words have ever been spoken and I just wanted to document that he finally verbalized what I've been knowing since about the second grade.


How was your day?

2 comments:

Amy said...

So sorry about your day. Hope today is better! :)

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable!! Aren't you glad those kind of days do have an end and you can start over with a hopefully better day!

Trust me, as hard as it is, you will want to enter those teenagers' world with eyes wide open and glasses on.

Hoping for better days ahead,
Mrs. Brenda