Thursday, March 18, 2010

Where Have 2 Weeks Gone

The battery is going dead and she can't figure out what the problem is.

Loving up on her Aunt Sissy. This was before she broke the lamp.

Where have 2 weeks gone?



I'll tell you where......it's been spent at work, at training, helping my girl on and off the potty approximately 1,000,000 times a day, feeding teenagers and all of their friends, driving teenagers to various places, driving toddlers to various places, attempting to keep my house in some type of order (I give up), pricing 200 items for a consignment sale, and there you have it. I wouldn't even know where to begin, but it has been nonstop lately and unfortunately the blog has been sitting there calling my name and by the time I have any time left to do it, I'm exhausted.



It's Spring Break this week and the boys have been in constant motion. From the moment they get up in the morning it starts with "Can someone come over (insert name here....) or can I go here or there. I really don't mind because I like most of their friends and don't mind them being here at all. Well, at some point it's time for them to go home. I can only feed so many teenagers without getting a second or third job.



Emma continues to struggle with the pooping in the potty issues. She just won't do it. She waits until bedtime and immediately goes in her diaper. I'm not sure what that's all about, but I don't think that is all that abnormal. She has completely aced the other part (lest I speak too soon:)



Today we visited with my Aunt Sissy and enjoyed lunch with her and a delicious banana pudding for dessert. Emma managed to break a lamp while we were there so we may not be invited again for a while. How can a little kid get in to so much?

In a brief recap of our grocery shopping visit last week, we returned to Kroger. Emma did so well and managed to keep her cart in line and not knock anything over. However, she decided she didn't want to drive it anymore when we were almost finished shopping. Fine, I decided to just move her few little items into my cart and go on my merry way. She was not happy with that decision and couldn't understand why she couldn't stand on the cart and be pushed. After attempting to explain that to her, she ended up in the seat of my cart and screamed like I was kidnapping and beating her. She had the tantrum of all tantrums and if it weren't for my cool head.....I might have taken her to the bathroom and given her a little spanking. However, I remained cool and let her scream it out. She kicked the cart, she screamed until I thought she would vomit, she had heads turning left and right. I suspect they were all thinking to themselves "I'm glad I'm not that sad mother. How is she managing to keep her cool?" I'll tell you how. I chose to ignore it because I really don't care if people are looking and I know that my child is okay and is just angry and can't verbalize what she is feeling so she screams. No big deal. Now next time, I may not remain cool at all and they will see my true colors:) Never a dull moment with this little spit fire of a girl.


Well, I hear more teenagers returning to my house. I must go and attempt to find them food. I feel like a mother bird flying around searching for my little birdies something to eat. I draw the line at dropping it in their little mouths.

No comments: