Monday, October 26, 2009

Monday Again.....

Aside from the weekend being very busy, it was a good one. I worked on Friday night as usual and it wasn't a really bad night but it wasn't anything special either. I came home and stayed awake until after noon to watch Emma while Bo took Ashton for a couple of appointments and Brady went to a band competition. By the time Bo got home I was more than exhausted and took a short nap only to get up and watch the UT game and be even more broken hearted after it was over. For all of my Alabama friends, and you know who you are, congratulations. There is always next year:)


Yesterday we went to Owen Farm for the afternoon and had so much fun. Emma loved it. She was fascinated by the animals and really loved riding on the barrel train. I have to say that as a 42 year old mother I managed to hang in there with her. However, I did have my moments. See below.


There was a huge slide that kept calling my name. The good thing about having a little one is that it gives you an excuse to "play". So I held on tight to Emma and down the huge slide we went. Bo told me he would catch me at the end because you are going so fast that you can't stop. He meant he would catch it on film! Needless to say he didn't catch me and I thought I had broken my ankle when I got up. Brady's friend Alex broke his leg on the aforementioned slide and he is only slightly younger than me (by 30 years). Emma seemed to love it, but I decided that I didn't want to tempt fate and we didn't go down it again.
This is the slide with my dear son at the top. He wants to get a job here. He thinks he has found his niche in life.

Just swinging with my mom. The higher we went, the happier she was.


Attempting to get a picture of Emma and Rory was much harder than it looks. Emma has started saying Rory and it sounds so cute. Every time she sees her picture she starts calling her name.


Brother number one in the barrel train.

Brother number 2 in the barrel train.

Just some of the animals on the farm.

Looking at the goats. Emma is really studying them closely. Notice the painted fingernail if you can. She wanted them painted while I was sleep deprived Saturday morning. She kept blowing them all day thinking they were still wet.


Oh No, another slide. Look at the old woman at the top.

Here goes nothing!




Notice Emma's pigtails flying in the air.

Mom and Emma in the barrel train.

The fattest pig I have ever seen. All he does is hang around the corn pit and eat the spoils.


Hayride time.
Wearing her scrubs that belonged to Cara (who is now 18) and her lai. She dressed herself.

I am so excited about this Monday. Want to know why? I don't have to go anywhere until it's time to pick Brady up from school and I have a long list of things to accomplish around here today. The other reason is that my girl was so tired from her long weekend that she slept all night and I may have enough energy to get some things done today. I know, my life is so exciting!

1 comment:

Amy said...

That looks like such a fun place!

Hope you enjoy your day at home and get lots done!