Saturday, October 17, 2009

Life's A Beach

Okay, so we snuck away for a week at the beach and of course I loved it. I could lay on the beach and read a good book for days. I finished Anne of Green Gables (can you believe I had never read that) and started a new (old) Mary Higgins Clark. It was so peaceful to lay there and read and drink my Diet Coke and people watch. Did I mention that I love the beach?


Emma, however, was not as thrilled. She liked it as long as we were holding her but she DID NOT want her feet in the sand or water. The child screamed like we were killing her when we attempted to put her down. So maybe next year. She did however love the pool and managed to charm the snow birds that were there. These lovely older ladies who were doing their exercises in the pool fell in love with Emma and of course she just ate it up.


She did love the balcony and had her chair fixed just like she wanted it and would just sit and look at the ocean and the pool and yell down to anyone who might be in the pool. She was so cute. She also wanted the balcony doors left open so she could come and go as she pleased.


I managed to get a pretty significant sun burn on the first day. I can't believe that I allowed myself to do that and was pretty miserable for the next couple of days. The boys didn't get sun burned at all because all they wanted to do was stay in the condo and play video games. Can you imagine? They had Ryan along with them and I guess when there are 3 of them Call of Duty is just more fun. They did manage to enjoy the waves a couple of days and I decided that just because I love being on the beach doesn't necessarily mean that everyone else does and I left them alone to enjoy their stupid game. Every one's definition of relaxing is different I suppose.


I am really excited that we had some beach pictures taken while we were there. The photographer did the best she could with the fact that Emma would not remove herself from our arms, so there won't be any adorable pictures of Emma frolicking in the surf. We should be able to see the pictures in a couple of weeks. I am so excited and hope that they are good.


I will post the few pictures that I managed to take later on. I just wanted to post a quick update before I started trying to play catch up around here.


Emma did manage to travel well. She has been introduced to the portable DVD player and was very impressed. I can recite Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs to you if you would like? She did great in the car seat and I was so proud of her. Of course we were packed in like sardines. 3 teenage boys and 2 guitars, a laptop, an XBOX 360 game system, luggage, blankets, pillows, snacks, toys, books, cooler....well, you get the picture.


It was a nice trip and we had a lot of fun, but there is no place like home. Of course, home in now in the 40's and after being in the 80's it's quite a change!

No comments: