Friday, October 9, 2009

Friday Already?

Another busy week and I can't believe it's the weekend already. I am actually off on a Friday night and had hoped to see Brady perform at the football game, but due to the monsoon that we have been having the band isn't going to perform. Our plans are now up in the air. Ashton needs to go shopping for his "friend's" birthday present and I think I may be the lucky one to take him.


Our week has been another busy one. Bo is back to full time and although I'm thankful for that, he has been working 10 hours everyday and that makes for a long day for him and us as well. Emma had a great week at speech and O.T. and was able to string buttons and other little items to make a necklace in O.T. Ms. Linda is a stickler and is very strict and only had great things to say about Emma this week. She summed it up by saying "She is simply amazing". I would have to agree.


Some of the things that Emma did or said this week include:

  1. She screamed the ENTIRE time (only about 10 minutes) that I stopped in Target this week. The child hates a shopping cart and I am not giving in to her and letting her run wild in the store. I am too old to keep up with her:)
  2. She has had a difficult time sleeping this week. She has been up every night except one and I'm not sure what the problem is. The first night shewas very upset with the stuffed animals in her crib. She loves her monkey and Elmo, but she did not want them in the bed with her. I took them out and then she threw everyone else out that night. She has not slept with any of them since. Not sure about that.
  3. She did great at gymnastics this week and really worked hard. She is turning flips by herself now and has no fear at all.
  4. She tried to repeat "I love you" last night to Bo and it sounded so cute.
  5. While reading a book before bedtime, she looked at a tomato on the page and said "apple". I was really proud of her because it's not a word that we use a lot and she did it without me prompting her.
  6. While she was having a melt down in Target, I forgot to mention that she tossed a DVD from the cart in a manner that would make a major league pitcher look twice. The girl has an arm, especially when she is mad.
  7. While at the band competition on Saturday night, she danced while standing on a concrete barrier. The people behind us were laughing and I felt like we were such a distraction from the competition. What can I say, the girl has rhythm!Numbered List

This was her outfit of choice one day this week. She loved it, I loved that she loved it and we were all happy.

A rare photo of the two of us.
Brady is the one on the front right side. The band performed in a competition Saturday night and did a great job. They came in second in the group.


He is the one behind the flag.

Other highlights of the week include Ashton making the basketball team. I am so proud of him. It was a big step for him to change schools and take a chance that he might not make the team, but he did it and I applaud him for it. I'm not so sure that I could have done it. He also was in the middle school golf tournament on Monday and although he didn't shoot as well as he would have liked, they didn't come in last:) I think that overall he is liking his new school and now that he made the basketball team, I know that he will be even happier. I may lose my mind with all of the running that is involved!
Have a great weekend.

No comments: