Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Just Another Day In Paradise

So the answer to my prayers last night was granted. Emma slept all night! PTL. However, Brady did not and was up at 2:30 with severe pain from his mouth. His face was significantly more swollen and he was crying with pain. I medicated him with some Motrin and put him back to bed. I contacted his doctor this morning who graciously saw him on his day off and poor Brady was introduced to Xylocaine and a scalpel. The area in his mouth had increased in size and Dr. R incised and drained it today. Poor Brady looks absolutely pitiful and is currently awaiting some pain relief from his medicines.


Emma had an early E.I. apt. this morning, along with physical therapy. After that was over at 9:30, we headed to speech and then back to take Brady to the doctor. Mother came over to stay with Emma who was SUPPOSED to be napping. She evidently decided today she didn't need a nap and when Nanny checked on her Emma was certain she had hit pay dirt and was out of the bed and happy to play with Nanny. When Brady and I arrived home I found my mother in the floor in a Star Wars Chewbacka (?) mask and a bib with Emma riding on her back. Did I mention that my mother is 65? Did I mention that I don't do those things? No wonder Emma wants her grandmother to come over! I took some pics and will have to post them soon.


So we are home for a little while until it's time to pick Ashton up from practice and I don't think we will make it to church tonight. Brady will be stoned, Emma will be exhausted which translates into cranky, Bo won't be home until after 7 p.m., and I will be trying to keep it all together. This mothering job isn't for the faint of heart but I wouldn't trade it for the world. Well, let's see if everyone sleeps all night tonight or I may change my mind!

1 comment:

Naomi said...

I am so glad that she had a better nights sleep! I can never understand why they suddenly decide to start waking up!! Lydia has begun to do so again just lately... I am hoping that she is teething!!

Yes the joys of Motherhood are not for the fainthearted. What an amazing honour it is.... even in the "am" when I am roused from my sleep.....I have to remind myself of this often!!

Your mother sounds quite a woman!! Even I do not crawl around on the floor wearing dress-up!!! I can't wait to see the pictures!!