Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas 2010

Alas, Christmas has come and gone. Please tell me that I'm not the only person that says "man, didn't we just put the tree up, didn't we just have Christmas last year, where does the time go"...I feel so old when I say those things, but it's so true.




We had a nice Christmas. It's always fun to watch the kids and spend time with people that you love. It did stink that I had to work and we were relatively busy and I did have to stay awake for 31 hours and after that it was all sort of a blur. Oh well. Oh, and did I mention that it snowed. We had a white Christmas! When I finally awoke from my slumber on Sunday morning, I was impressed to see that we actually got a couple of inches of snow and it was beautiful.



I apologize in advance for the pictures being a bit out of order, but did I mention that I was a bit out of sorts due to my lack of sleep?



Emma and Uncle Johnny (she calls him Uncle Lolly) opening presents.
The grandchildren. Doesn't Brady have on a festive Christmas themed shirt?

The family, minus me.

The family, minus Bo.

Johnny and his new "daughter" Sarah. Her first Christmas as a Palmore. Let's hope it ain't her last....
Ashley and Ben. We are sure she will be a Palmore at some point.
Our little angel.


Blowing out the Advent candles.

Trying to avoid blowing out the candles....

What kind of grandmother let's little kids play with fire?
Why yes, she did dress herself on Christmas morning.


My musicians.

A sleepy, yet handsome couple of boys.

Emma loves her new camera that Santa brought her.

Yes Ashton, Santa did bring you your very own soft serve maker.


Drum Corp extraordinaire.
This girl has no problem opening presents. She was very funny to watch. She would remove a small piece of paper and hand it to me and then continue on. At that pace I was afraid we would never get finished.


FINALLY, a DOG that she likes. The Fur Real Puppy was a hit, although not at first. She was a bit skeptical until she realized that it wasn't real. She has been walking it around the house and when she is tired of it, she lays it down on its side and it goes "nite nite". She also got a Baby Alive and has changed her diaper repeatedly. I have not been brave enough to actually let her feed it yet.

So Christmas has come and gone and now it's time to get the tree and all the trimmings put away for another year. I am one of those people that just can't wait to get it all cleaned up and back to normal, whatever that is.
I hope to get a little after Christmas shopping in today. I am also one of those nerdy people that love to buy my paper, bags, ribbons, etc. after Christmas. It's all about saving money!

3 comments:

Brenda Shearon said...

So Ashton is a KY fan now?

Melissa said...

Maybe Rory and Emma can get together and take pictures of each other with their matching cameras. And being up for 31 hours sounds like torture.

Maria said...

We got the Baby Alive too, but I have not let on to Ellie that she pees and drinks real water from her sippy. We'd be doing it ALL the time. :-) Still have to post all our fun, but was more concerned with getting the stuff DOWN (today).