Monday, July 20, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up and Global Warming

WOW. Another busy weekend has come and gone. It was fun but very busy.


I attempted to sleep for a few hours after getting home from work Saturday morning. I was so tired and my mind didn't seem to want to shut down. I managed to nap for a few hours and then got up and got busy with the tasks at hand.


First of all, the weather this weekend in our area has been nothing short of fabulous. Highs in the 70's during the day and in the 50's at night. My kind of weather! Global warming can continue as far as I'm concerned if this is the type of weather we are going to have in July. If you see Al Gore, tell him I said thanks.


We met up with Brother Danny and Mrs. Kaye (our former pastor and "first lady") and one of their daughters and her family on Saturday night for dinner. There were at least 21 of us at the restaurant if my calculations are correct. It was so good to see old friends and visit even if it was a bit crowded. They are such a special family to us and we were thrilled to see them. They fell in love with Emma and couldn't believe the size of my boys. The boys were just little guys when they left.


Mrs. Kay with her former Sunday School students. They are slightly taller than her now:)
Kelly and Emma. Kelly is a little girl at our church and Emma just loves her. Emma is all about the "big" girls at church. Kelly is the little sister of Christian who I have mentioned and requested prayer for in the past. He is an amazing kid and now a cancer survivor and is doing so well. It was also his 17th birthday on Saturday and we all enjoyed having the waiters lead us in Happy Birthday to celebrate. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of him:(

Emma is seriously loving her sucker. Not too bad for one finger!

My handsome guys and girl along with my oldest "adopted" daughter, Beth, also called cool daughter. She is our former babysitter and home invader and we love her dearly. She taught my boys a few tricks during their younger years.

Mrs. Kay and Emma.

Brooklyn (Beth and Jeremy's daughter) and Emma. Brooklyn sang the entire time. She was thrilled when we sang happy birthday to Christian. She certainly has a future in music.


Emma is helping me clean the doors. She is very helpful and loves to set the table, throw things in the trash, empty the dishwasher. I have decided to let her start helping at a young age and then maybe she will still be helpful in her teenage years. That is one of the benefits of having a little one and teenagers. I see a lot of mistakes that I have made with the boys and I am trying to do better with her. She may not thank me or them later on! Please notice, she is only in her diaper. The child is killing me and doesn't want to wear any clothes at all!

So another busy week ahead. Brady went to rookie camp today and will take his permit test tomorrow. Emma has her usual appointments and gymnastics tonight. Ashton has to get registered for school tomorrow. I have not mentioned that, but he is planning on changing schools this year. This will hopefully give him the opportunity to play basketball with the guys he played AAU ball with. This is going to be huge change for him and I am proud of him for making the decision.
Our message yesterday was about living in the moment and enjoying each stage of life. I have a really hard time with living in the moment and most days feel like I'm bailing water and just trying to survive. The message really touched a nerve for me and I'm hoping to work hard this week toward improving that. I get so caught up in all the things that are going on around me that I feel like I'm just trying to survive. I think that's how many moms and dads are. Life is just too busy sometimes. So for today, I am going to really try to live in the moment. Those moments are getting fewer all the time and I don't want to look back and realize that I didn't enjoy them as much as I should have.
Have a great day and LIVE IN THE MOMENT.






1 comment:

Brenda Lewis said...

Loved seeing the pictures of everyone. I wish we all could grasp "catching the moments". Like you said, so often it's too late. So enjoy your moments this week!

Brenda