Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Playing Catch Up

We spent the July 4th Holiday as we always to with my mother's family. It has been a tradition for over 50 years and one that my boys always look so forward to. Unfortunately I had to work Friday night and didn't get to enjoy some of the fun but I was able to be there on Saturday and see some of my family. Emma loved it all and took it all in. This is a picture of my Aunt Francis and Emma. She is my mother's oldest sister.
Emma loved the 4 wheeler. Her face doesn't really show it but she liked it a lot.

This is my Uncle Floyd with Emma. He has always been the one the kids love to tease. He is not in good health now but was doing well over the holiday and had not had the chance to see Emma yet. She loved him.

Lily and Emma. Quite the contrast in hair and eye colors:)



Crossing her leg. She has gotten into a habit of crossing them and looks so cute.


Uncle Harvey and Emma.


Playing a sunglasses routine with my cousin Todd. She would move hers up and so would he and they had quite the little game going.




Chip in mouth. The child is hooked on chips.
I have numerous pictures of my nephews and my boys on the way home after the 4th. I thought this was adorable.

So I am at the grocery store and Ashton calls me to tell me that there is a snake crawling up the office window. Of course I tell him to stay inside but what does he do....goes outside to take a picture. By the way, we don't know exactly where the reptile is now. I suspect under the front porch and I am NOT looking forward to a surprise meeting.

Bragging rights. My husband did the Publix run for me yesterday on his way home from work. I had given him the list and the coupons and he did a great job. All of this was only $6.90 after coupons. I am so proud of my man!

So I've been playing Susie Homemaker the last few days making pickles. I made squash pickles first and they all sealed and look so yummy. I made bread and butter pickles yesterday and 2 jars didn't seal and today 2 jars have unsealed. What's the deal? They taste delicious!







1 comment:

Amy said...

Emma is such a cutie! I love her pigtails and sunglasses!