Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Washing My Mouth out with Soap

I'm pretty sure my husband wants to wash my mouth out with soap because of the bad language I used in my post yesterday. He was quick to point out that I shouldn't have used a particular word and I'm sure that he is right. However, I also think he has forgotten about Brady's fifth grade year and how AWFUL it was and how I thought I might lose my ever loving mind. So sorry if I offended anybody but the last time I checked I'm human and that just happened to be the word that popped into my mind. I'll be honest, you can't be an ER nurse and not let a bad word slip on occasion. So there, I confess. Throw my to the lions, off with my head, hang me at sundown.


Okay, now that I have apologized to the 10 readers that I have, let's get on with the day.


My girl is loving her orthotics. I have not gotten any pictures of her in them yet. She wears them a few hours each day and screams at me and fights like a cat when it's time to take them off and check her feet. So far things are going well. She is getting some redness on the outer aspect of her left foot. I would have thought it would have been on the other side. It's very interesting how her left orthotic is made. It has a prosthetic material made into the short side to cushion the area where she is missing all of her toes. They did a great job making them and she loves wearing them. We have not worn them at all today because she turned her little chair over this morning and it hit her foot and left a huge knot on it. Poor little thing. She also has another one of those horrendous bug bites on her shoulder that I'm sure will end up popping open and draining. She is having some really weird reactions to our crazy American bugs.


She also managed to open a container of cream eyeshadow this morning and paint her chin a lovely silver. She was quite proud of herself.


Emma had a good day at speech and a satisfactory day at O.T. Her speech therapist was very happy with her results today. Her regular O.T. was out of town today so she saw someone else. It wasn't that great of a visit and to be honest I could have done the same things at home. Oh well.


So that about wraps up my exciting day. How was yours?

3 comments:

Amy said...

This reader wasn't offended at all! :)

T2Nashville said...

Me either. Middle school was a b**ch! There, I said it so you can feel better. The preacher's kid said a bad word. (Daddy is probably lovingly shaking his head at me from heaven right now!) And 5th grade was my worst year, too! I wouldn't go back and do it again for any amount of money!

Maria said...

Obviously Bo didn't have the same middle school experiences that I did (and am getting to enjoy again through my child) or he would know that the word you used was the ONLY word appropriate! :-)