Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Flower Child





My absolute favorite flower is a Daffodil (better known in the county as Buttercups:). It's a sure sign of spring.
Emma's soccer coach called today to introduce himself. Let me just say, this may prove to be very interesting. I almost didn't tell him about Emma and her uniqueness, but I didn't really want to surprise him either. He immediately began with the usual response of how sad it was. I was quick to explain to him there will be no pity or special treatment. This girl doesn't need any. I think he understood and if he didn't, he will......

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Nothing sad about Emma. :P And really- Lauren is sitting here with me and looking at Emma. She looked at her holding that flower and she just about burst! She said "Mama, Mama.... Same-Same (which is what we say when something is matching). Girl have same same! Like Lauren." Smiled big time and then said "Mama, play?" So, she would like to have a playdate with Emma. Anytime. :)

Sarah said...

Good luck with soccer, Emma! (And daffodils are my favorite too!)

Sarah

Wife of the Pres. said...

You go girl!!! (I'm really talking about Momma but Emma too).

I wish you could meet the cashier at our TarJay. Every time I see her I think of your beautiful Emma b/c her beautiful hands remind me of Emma's beautiful hands. And don't even think she can't count out 95 cents in change WITH ONE HAND and a whole lot faster than I ever could.

Thanks for your sweet blog note and I'm sorry Emma is struggling with speech. It is a tough journey from where I sit. I don't think many people realize how hard it is when they can't communicate as effectively as they want. S knows what she is saying and gets angry when we don't. Can't say I blame her!