Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Thoughts at 3:00 a.m.

Emma has a cough and stuffy nose thing going on right now and was up at 3 for a little momma time. It's amazing how your mind works sometimes and the thoughts that just randomly enter your head. While rocking Emma and then when I made it back to bed, my thoughts were just all over the place. These included, but were not limited to.....

  • I wonder who my kids will marry someday and at that moment I said several prayers that my kids would find a Christian mate that loved God first and them second. As Brady approaches 18 in the next year, this thought enters my head more often.
  • I really need to study for ACLS. My class is next week.
  • I thought a lot about the Japanese and how they seem to be handling a disaster with such a sense of calm and how that compares with the United States.
  • I wish we had new carpet in the bedrooms.
  • I wonder if Emma's birth parents have the same type of personality that Emma has or is it just environmental.
  • Did I put orange juice on the grocery list?
  • I sure would like new counter tops and a new kitchen sink.
  • Will I ever learn to do digital scrap booking?
  • What will Brady make on the ACT?
  • Should I take Emma to the doctor or is this just a cold?
  • Are most insects necessary?

So as you can see, I suffer from flight of ideas.


My stepfather works puzzles all the time. I uploaded some pics for my mom yesterday and I loved this one. Emma may or may not have taken a few pieces of pap's puzzle......I'm just saying.

1 comment:

Beth T. said...

It's good to know that I'm not the only one who has random thoughts in the middle of the night. :-)