Monday, October 18, 2010

More Disney......

This is one of those moments that I wish I had worn more makeup. Oh, well....
Dinner at the the Sci Fi Restaurant.

Waiting to ride the Barnstormer coaster. Emma was 40" and could ride several rides that I was not about to let her on (even though Ashton was begging). She wasn't so sure about this one and the minute it started she began saying "up, up" which I believe translated to "please get me off of this thing".

She totally loved driving her daddy around the track.


Meeting Buzz Lightyear.

Why yes that is lipstick on her cheek, left by her favorite princess.....

Mulan. She gave Emma the big kiss. Daddy didn't do a very good job getting us all in the picture, but he tried.


Snow White looks a bit too scary for me. You can see that Emma was thrilled with her:)


Yeah, yeah, another princess. Great mom.
She wouldn't have anything to do with Belle. Not sure why, but completely not interested.

Aurora (sp) was very friendly as well, and once again Emma could take her or leave her.

But now she really liked this handsome prince who held her while she watched a parade.



So we flew to Orlando last Saturday morning and made our first stop at Epcot. We managed to get in a ride and dinner and then make it back to the hotel. Emma was exhausted but ever bit the trooper.
Sunday we spent the day at Magic Kingdom. Well, Pam and I did. The others all went back to the hotel to catch a much needed nap, but it was my birthday and I decided to spend the entire day at the "most magical place on Earth:)" I think that Pam just felt sorry for me and decided to stay with me. I would like to say that my sweet husband bought me a wonderful present. We have tickets to the Michael Buble concert in December and I can't wait. Totally love him! I had a great birthday with my family.
Monday was spent at Hollywood Studios where Emma got to see the Beauty and the Beast production and she loved it. The rest of us managed to score a couple of rides on the Rockin Roller Coaster where Pam ended up screaming so much that she couldn't talk the next day! Another totally fun day.
Tuesday we visited Animal Kingdom and Emma loved it as well. She actually pet a goat, but of course I couldn't snap the picture quick enough to prove it. We had breakfast with Donald, Mickey and the gang and then headed over to Downtown Disney for dinner at Wolfgang Puck. Delicious! The best carrot cake ever. That is also the evening that we caught up with Barbara and her family.
Wednesday we had breakfast with the princesses and spent the day at Epcot and World Showcase. Another exhausting day. I had developed a cough reminiscent of typhoid, but at least I didn't feel too horrible.
Thursday we spent the morning at Magic Kingdom again and finished the evening out at Hollywood Studios. Friday morning we got an early start and flew home. Truly, there is no place like home. Everyone had a good time though and the weather was perfect. I couldn't have been more proud of Emma and how she handled it all. I saw a lot of kiddos that were falling apart and even more parents, but she really behaved well and managed some very long days. We had a great time with the family.
So back to the grind now. Our morning started out with Emma falling off of the changing table. She is always trying to roll around on it and this morning she just rolled right off. I was sure that she had broken her arm or something, but luckily she was intact. She just kept crying and saying "band aid, band aid". Amazing how a band aid fixes everything.
I have spent the morning grocery shopping and running errands, including picking up my new BIFOCAL glasses. Yes, I am wearing them right now. It's going to take some getting used to. Old age.....no comments.

1 comment:

Amy said...

So jealous about the Michael Buble tickets! Take lots of pictures! :)