Thursday, August 5, 2010

There is A Light at the End of Tunnel

Okay, so I'm pretty sure that if school doesn't start tomorrow and we don't get on some type of routine at this house pretty soon, I will most certainly lose my mind. This I am sure of.



Ashton goes back for a 1/2 day tomorrow, which I think is so silly. It's a 103 degrees outside and you send the kids back for 1/2 day. Whatever. Brady and Emma will start Monday. Yes, my Emma will start Monday. Of course I will be along for the ride until she gets acclimated to the situation or I decide that I have to get out, which ever one comes first.



I just have to get my life back. My house is pure chaos and I really can't take it much more. Between studying for PALS and getting 200 items ready for a consignment sale, working extra, doing extra camp laundry, taking Emma to speech and just generally trying to survive, I am really ready for life to begin to resemble something normal.



Okay, enough whining.



My daughter is hilarious. She has really begun using her imagination and playing all sorts of things. She has become a dog that I have to lead around with a ribbon on her neck (yes, a choking hazard) and rub her head and tell her good dog while she licks the wall and then bites my clothes. Is this strange? She has decided that her bike helmet and her snow boots are really all you need to make if through a long hot summer. That's it. No clothes, no nothing. Everything is "food". She cooks blocks, tinker toys, Lego's. Just about anything qualifies and of course we have to act like it is the most delicious thing ever.



My daughter has also become a dental Nazi. She insists on brushing her teeth no less than 6-8 times daily and that requires that I do the same. While we brush, we have to put our hands on our hips and do a dance. She looks adorable. Me, not so much.




So, life remains crazy at our house and I don't know if that will ever change. Well, yes it will and then I will miss these crazy days. I'm really torn about sending her to school. I know that she will enjoy it and after I get used to it, it will be nice to go to the store without my helper. And believe it or not, I'm looking so forward to cleaning my bathrooms and mopping my floors without having to stop and tie an apron or put on her helmet or listen to all of the excitement that is "Shaun The Sheep", but I know that I am going to miss her too. She will only be gone for 4-5 hours 3-4 days a week, but she has been under my feet for almost 2 years now and I'm having a hard time sharing her with someone else.




So that about wraps it up at the McGowan home. The highlight of my afternoon is having a haircut, color and lip wax. Yes, I said it. Hormones suck.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Good to know I'm not the only one DYING for a schedule!