Monday, August 9, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time of The Year

Yes, to borrow from the commercial, it is indeed the most wonderful time of the year. My boys are back at school. Praise Jesus.




Little did I know that they have been scamming me for years. I suspected it, but I just couldn't prove it until today. Now that Brady has his license he's all about needing to get out of the house on time. This is also the first year that Ashton has ever ridden the bus and he has to be at the bus stop by 6:25 A.M. and he was actually out of the house by 6:20 A.M. Brady, being the loving brother that he is, actually drove him to the bus stop on his way to school. Why yes, school doesn't start until 7:45 A.M. and Brady is leaving before 6:30 A.M. and school is only 10 minutes away. His theory this morning was that he wanted to get a good parking spot. Well, considering that the teachers won't even be there yet I suspect parking is fair game. So after all of these years of screaming and begging and pleading and threatening and increasing my dose of nerve medication, my children are indeed capable of getting out of the house early. Not just on time, EARLY. They have suckered me for years and I won't let them forget it.



Little Miss doesn't start school until next Monday. We got a call on Friday making us aware that the preschoolers will start a bit later and that's okay with me. I get to have her all to myself for a few more days and I intend to enjoy it.



So a new school year begins and before we blink it will come to a close like they all do and my boys will be another year older and I hope another year ahead in their academic endeavors. We shall see. It's so hard to believe they are both in high school. It seems like only yesterday that I walked stoically out of elementary school after leaving them for Kindergarten. Of course the minute I reached the doors I cried my eyes out. Where did those years go? They pass way too quickly.

No comments: