Saturday, August 28, 2010

Where Were We 2 Years Ago?

I will give you a hint. You guessed it.




2 years ago we were flying to China to meet our little girl. Who knew that life was about to get so interesting and fun? Brady was watching Emma (he calls her punk) while she was playing a few days ago and he said "our lives were pretty boring before she came along." No truer words have ever been spoken. It's hard to be bored now when you assist her with her wardrobe changes at least 6 times daily. It's like living with a diva. Bathing suits, aprons, robes, shorts, hats, gloves, shoes, boots, sandals, oh my. Does she ever tire of changing clothes? Why yes, if it involves a dress and then things get ugly.



I know this week will be nostalgic for me. I remember how exciting our journey was and how scary as well. Bittersweet is the word I would use. But I wouldn't change a thing. When I see the little girl that she is becoming and the challenges that she faces with such stamina I am completely blown away.



If you are reading our blog and thinking about adoption or supporting others who are adopting, JUST DO IT. It's a huge leap and it's very overwhelming but it's one of the greatest events in our lives and I wish we would have done it sooner. If we had done is sooner perhaps we could do it again. As it is now I don't think that is in God's plan for our lives. If it was however, we would jump at it.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Hi and thank you so much for your very sweet comment on my blog:) Your family is just precious and I feel for ya if you have one like my Charlie!! Hehe! They are fun, though, aren't they??