Wednesday, August 25, 2010

School Days and More

Well, school is a hit.



I cried the first day. Emma cried the second day. Emma made a face that was so sad and pitiful on the third day that I thought I might never send her again. Today, Emma pushed me to the door and told me "Diddy to go" which translates into "Ready to go" and she gave me a sweet little look and off she went. She is loving her friends and her teachers and it has made a noticeable change in her speech. She actually put a sentence together yesterday and told me "I fall down." Well, I almost did and it was wonderful to hear her say that.



She has become particularly fond of one of the boys in her class room and they are so sweet. She hugs him bye everyday and he just beams. It's the sweetest thing ever. One of the girls in her room decided that she wanted to eat like Emma does and only used her little fingers to eat her lunch. Apparently Emma is really causing a stir and why wouldn't she! She's amazing and I couldn't be prouder to be her mom.



Other little Emma isms that I need to document or I will forget include:

  • She wants me to hold her like a baby while I rock her and let her drink from her sippy cup. She also wants me to sing "Rockabye Baby" the entire time.
  • She continues to only poop while she is down for a nap or at night. When will we ever master pooping in the potty?
  • She continues to hate dogs but wants to pretend that she is one while I lead her on a "leash" and she pants.
  • Her new favorite toy is a Nerf gun that Ashton found downstairs in the toy box and gave to her. She walks around with one eye closed and aiming it at whatever is in the way. He also found a plastic cap gun holster and she wants to wear it all the time. I have to make her take it off to go to school.
  • She watches outside for the "ear" aka deer everyday and wants to take a picture of them.
  • Her favorite book right now is "Barnyard Dance" by Sandra Boyton. She loves to do all of the motions and say the names of the animals. A duck is a "quack quack" and a sheep is a "baa".
  • They are working on the letter C at school and I posted her "homework" on the door and she walks by it and says "A" all the time. We have some work to do on that.

She is amazing and I continue to be blown away by her personality. God chose the perfect little girl to be our daughter and she is growing up way too fast.

I have always tried to take a picture of the kids while they are sleeping on their first day of school and this was hers on August 16, 2010.





No comments: