Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Snow Day

Just a pretty shot in the snow.

Emma loved the sled.


Cute little butt had been in the snow.

Our dogs look like they are killing each other in the background. They were just having some fun in the snow.

Gypsy is taking it all in.
The spawn of Satan has grown up some.

Those are some big and stinky shoes to fill!


For the first time in 18 years I had to call in to work last night because of the weather. Bo tried to get me to work and ended up turning around and telling me he just didn't think he could get me there. I am a slacker and my coworkers will remind me of it. It felt so weird to be home on a Friday night. I actually had a really hard time sleeping since I'm used to being up.

We have about 5 inches of snow here and it's beautiful. It's the most snow that we have gotten in a really long time and Emma was quite happy playing in it today. It's not a very wet snow so we couldn't build a snowman but she did have fun sledding. I was really surprised since she had such a texture issue with the sand while we were at the beach.
After playing in the snow this morning I spent the rest of the day cooking and baking. I made some banana bread and then baked the Pioneer Woman's chocolate sheet cake and may I say that it is WICKED GOOD. I wish that I had not discovered it and so do my hips. What is it about being snow bound that makes you want to cook?
So that has pretty much been my day. I know that if you are reading this post and you are from the north you are thinking that we southerners are a bunch of sissies, but we just can't drive in this stuff! It's best to stay home and eat cake.

1 comment:

Beth T. said...

Got any chickens on the hearth? :)