Monday, January 11, 2010

Another Snow Day! Say It Ain't So

So the great state of Tennessee has been like a deep freeze! All you want to do is wrap up in a blanket and stay in front of the fireplace. I'm not saying that I have enjoyed that too much, but it's what I would like to do.

Schools were closed last Thursday and Friday. Only in the South do they close schools the night before because the weather people are calling for snow. Then you get really excited because we hardly ever get snow and wake up to find that the original 4-6 inches they were expecting turned in to less that 1/2 inch and you can't even build a snowman and it's too cold to play outside anyway! I think I could be a weather person. What other job can you just "predict" things and then just be completely wrong and still get paid for it. Oh, well.


The boys have enjoyed being out of school and were not too happy about going back today. Well, the director of schools must have read their minds because we received the call at 5 a.m. this morning that schools would be closed again due to some remaining ice on the roads. Oh BOY. Remember my post about attempting to eat out of the pantry/freezer this month, well if the boys don't go to school soon my attempt will be just that. They are eating like they just came out of hibernation. For all of you parents with little boys, start saving extra right now! When they become teenagers all they want to do is eat. I'm having to hide Emma's fruit snacks and various other items to keep them from completely wiping them out.


Last week was busy as usual even with the boys out of school. Emma had a doctor's appointment Monday morning with a Geneticist. What an interesting field to be in. She was not too impressed with having her blood drawn but did well overall. We then had our usual appointments the rest of the week and the boys had a friend over that was snowed in for a couple of days. Feeding 3 teenage boys is even worse! I worked Friday night and it was so busy. I was exhausted Saturday morning and was thrilled that we didn't have any plans. Bo made a delicious pot of soup and we stayed home and watched a ballgame and just hung out. I love those types of days!


So that pretty much wraps up my exciting life for the last week! I hope that you are still awake while attempting to read about it.



Okay, so I had some ECB's that were expiring and I had to spend them. Emma and I made a quick trip to CVS Monday while were out and I cashed in on some good deals. My total before coupons and ECB's was $45.40. I had exactly that much in coupons and ECB's and my total after was $4.15 that covered tax. I also got $9 in ECB's to spend next time. Not too shabby.

This is the face that I see all day long. She is constantly wanting to kiss me. Look at those Angelina lips. Are they to die for or what?

"Helping" mom in the office. She was caught red handed rummaging through the trash!

"I love helping my mom"

Checking under the hood to see exactly why her Jeep won't work. That mean old daddy has unhooked the battery!

"Yes mam, I think I see the problem."
Having a late Christmas with Cara!


2 comments:

Amy said...

Love the kissy face picture!

Wow! You did really good on your deals. You gotta love CVS and ECB's!!!

Edgar and Barbara said...

I love the picture of Emma "giving a kiss." Crystina does the SAME EXACT thing. She puckers up and sticks those lips OUT...you just can't resist it! I swear they stick out about two inches. LOL!

Miss you guys...and stay warm!
Barbara