Friday, January 1, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Just a few pics of our girl over the last few days. I love this pink dress that Aunt Sissy gave Emma for Christmas. It looks so cute on her.

Okay, so I think she may be giving her dad the finger. But wait a minute, it's hard to tell. He's probably telling her how to drive:)

Look at that face. This kid cracks me up.


So we spent our new year at home with Emma and Anthony (Bo's friend since birth) watching football. The boys went to an all night church outing and lock in and came home this morning looking a bit worn out. They immediately headed for the man cave and have not been seen.
No big plans for today. I have to work tonight and the guys are staying home. I think they may all be ready for a night at home.

Some quick Emma antics...

  • She can't stand for us to put our feet on her things. If we prop our feet on her chairs or table, it drive her crazy. She also can't stand for us to cross our legs in any manner at all. She immediately starts to whine and reach for our legs to make us uncross them.
  • She continues to have to kiss me no less than 100 times a day. While being pushed on her tricycle she has to stop and give me a kiss when she passes me.
  • The Hot Wheels jeep is inside right now and we have the battery unplugged. She keeps going over to it and lifting the hood and looking around in it and slamming the hood back down. She then gets back in the jeep and attempts to start it. She has also been looking underneath it and reaching under and hitting it. She appears to have a mechanical future.
  • "Do you want to take a nap, a bath, your medicine....DOE." Very quick response on her part.
  • She is a dancer. She loves her new vanity keyboard and is constantly dancing and twisting her behind in front of it. She also loves her guitar and is so serious when she is "playing" it. She certainly has some musical genes.


I have not made any real resolutions for the new year. I find that it doesn't do me much good and only frustrates me. I have been working very hard on becoming more organized (you can't tell it by the looks of my house), but I have been working on new shelving projects thanks to my husband. I cleaned out from underneath the kitchen sink and put in new shelf paper and threw lots of things away. I'm in a toss mode. I just am sick of STUFF. If it hasn't been used in a year or so, it's out of here.

I am going to attempt to make January our "Eat out of the pantry/freezer" month. I am following in the footsteps of Money Saving Mom and attempting to eat up what we have on hand. I really want to save on groceries this month and clean out our pantry and freezer. I know that I will have to buy produce, bread, and milk, but I'm very hopeful to stay away from the grocery and really reduce our spending this month in that area. And while on that subject, I totalled up my yearly savings in coupons and was very pleased with my results. We saved $2491 this year in coupons. WOW! I wish I would have pocketed that and saved it for vacation, etc. That was my original plan at the beginning of the year, but that all goes back to those frustrating new years resolutions:) So a good coupon year and we'll see how 2010 goes.

Well, a certain adorable little girl and her mother are off to take a nap.

No comments: