Thursday, September 1, 2011

Feeling Nostalgic

3 years ago in a flurry of activity and a lot of stress, a lady in China handed this little girl to me. I can't even begin to explain how I felt at that moment and I can only imagine how this little girl must have felt. In a way it seems like only yesterday. Time really does pass too quickly.

The following days were filled with a lot of paperwork, attempting to bond, crying (me), crying (Emma), wondering what in the world we had done, praying, calling my mom and mother in law and trying really hard not to fall apart. But sometime during those days, we began to pull it together and Emma and I started to bond. It was harder than I had thought it would be, but worth the wait.


Fast forward to today and I just heard Emma come down the steps and straight to my lap for a hug. Now she sits at her table, watching Mickey's Clubhouse (her new favorite) with her mouse ears on telling me all about Donald Duck. She is busy, bossy, funny, adorable, silly, determined/hard headed, helpful, bossy (I think I already mentioned that:), and most of all, she is ours.


I am thankful to be one of the most blessed women in all of the world.



3 comments:

Beth T. said...

Man, time flies and your video made me cry---thx! :-)

Melissa said...

Yes, you are a blesses woman. And we love both of you too!

Becky said...

wow, I can't believe it has been three years already!! what a gift Emma is, I am so glad that she and Rory are such good buddies and am thankful for your friendship to my sister! :)