Friday, November 5, 2010

Our Week In Review

WOW! How does a week go by and I have not blogged? Some days I just don't have a lot to say and other days I'm too tired to say it.



Halloween came and went and Emma was a cowgirl. Not our first choice, well, not my first choice. I had bought her an adorable Renaissance princess costume thinking that it was just a cape, but oh no, it was a dress and that did not go over very well. She wouldn't even let me get it over her head. Oh well, we punted and decided to be a cowgirl because she already had on her boots and jeans and was thrilled with her hat, denim jacket and gun holster complete with cap gun. I didn't get any good pictures because she is by far the most difficult person to photograph that has ever lived. She hates to get her picture made!


These pictures are of her on the way home from the doctor's office when she had pneumonia. She was so tired and felt so bad. Thankfully, aside from an occasional cough, she is much better.





Our weekend plans are as usual, BUSY. Brady has his last band competition of the season...State. He is very excited about it and I hope they do well. It's going to be a very cold day and I am not looking forward to that part of it.
Ashton has started basketball practice and has to help with a jamboree this weekend. Once the games start we will be in constant motion.
Emma's school has a Fall Festival tomorrow, but I don't think we will be able to make it. She has no clue and it's the one thing that we can leave out.
Emma continues to just crack me up. Her antics are hilarious. She is constantly telling me "no" when I ask her if she is ready to go night night. She just grins that sweet grin when she says it. She is also holding her little finger up to her mouth and shhhhing me and others a lot. Not in a bad way, just when she is busy doing something. At nap time today she wanted to read her books (meaning turn the pages very fast), and she wanted to to sit with my hands folded under my chin and not make a sound. I complied.
Emma continues to have a love hate relationship with Ashton. She totally loves him but doesn't want him to touch her or her things or look at her or watch her movies, etc. She also makes sure that she lets out a loud and completely annoying shriek when he comes near her so that I can hear it. If it wasn't so annoying it would be funny. I then tell her it's okay and to quit being so difficult and she may let him come near her. However, during the day when Ashton is not around she is constantly calling out his name and if she sees a basketball, she calls out his name. She totally loves him but is quite the little sister.
So that is all of the excitement in our house. I hope that everyone has great weekend.

No comments: