Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Chillin

Okay, so I want to be Emma when I grow up. Just sitting there with her feet propped up drinking her favorite beverage, watching TV and prepared for anything drastic with her helmet on. Does it get any better?



I hate mornings. Enough said. I don't hate them when it's just me that I'm dealing with, but when you add 2 hormonal teenage boys and an extremely demanding 3 year old girl, why yes, I do hate mornings......



Today's agenda. I have already made 2 batches of chocolate chip cookies for Ashton to take to school, Emma now requires mashed potatoes for her Thanksgiving feast at preschool, and then back home to make a very large baked spaghetti for the hospitality room at basketball. Enough to feed approximately 25 people. I am feeling the love at Thanksgiving......



Ashton had another game last night and suffice it to say they were killed. They actually did a lot of the killing to themselves, but between their errors and the boys on the other team we managed to get slaughtered. Ashton did put up one 3 point shot, but that was it. We have another game tonight and I hope that it's a happier scene.



The kids are out of school after today and I am glad for them to have a break. Brady is feeling a bit under the weather and just couldn't understand why I thought he should go to school today. I don't know, maybe the fact that he is failing Algebra II and we only have about 3 wks of school left. Say a prayer for the poor boy. He is about to push me over the edge.



I don't think that I'm going to attempt any Black Friday shopping this week. I have to work that night and I just don't think I am in the mood for it. I have become such an online shopper that I'm just not as into it as I once was. Is that a sign of old age?




Bo and I stopped for dinner last night after leaving the ballgame and as fate would have it we met a couple that had 2 daughters from China, a son from Cambodia, and an unexpected homegrown little boy. They were on their way to spend the night in Nashville where one of their daughter's was having brain surgery today. She was found to have a benign brain tumor a short while ago. She was a cutie and it was so nice to talk to them. Please remember them in your prayers as you think of it today and over the next several days. They were such nice people and are facing such a hard Thanksgiving away from their other kids and family. I was so thankful that God put them in our path.



Well, I'm off to start my marathon cooking day, coupled with marathon cleaning and laundry and Christmas decorating. We don't usually put our tree up until after Thanksgiving and I may break the tradition and do it tomorrow just because it's convenient. I feel like everyone just overlooks Thanksgiving and gets to caught up with Christmas preparations to enjoy this holiday.

2 comments:

likeschocolate said...

I will keep your friends in our prayers. I hope all goes well with her surgery. Your family is beautiful. Happy Thanksgiving!

Amy said...

I think I want to be Emma, too! That looks like the life! Hope you get everything done and are able to enjoy Thanksgiving with your family!