Tuesday, September 29, 2009

That's My Girl

Emma discovered a shower cap this morning and wore it while she took a shower with me, while she sat on the potty, while she played. She cracks me up with her head gear. She is all about hats. I just loved watching her sit on the potty and make so many faces while she read her book and wiggled around. Of course, she didn't' do anything on the potty, but she certainly enjoyed herself.




Standard breakfast attire. A cap, a lei, and her pajamas.


Another busy weekend come and gone. I am not scheduled to work any extra shifts right now and I have to say that doesn't upset me at all. I am worn out! Luckily Bo has started back to 5 days a week and that came at just the right time. GOD always works it out.
I've been observing my daughter lately and it amazes me all that she has learned and all that she is able to do with her hands. She uses those 2 fingers with such ease and it doesn't slow down at all. I watched her try to put her shoe laces back in the holes of her tennis shoes yesterday. She had no idea I was even in the room. She was totally engrossed in what she was doing and she worked so hard. She wasn't able to get them in the holes and she became frustrated and had a small melt down but she was back at it today. She doesn't give up and that is what I love so much about her (well, that and lot's of other things.) She is determined.
I was thinking about when I learned to tie my shoes in kindergarten. That was such a big deal and suddenly you are so independent! I don't know how long it will take Emma to learn to tie her shoes, or put earrings in, or button her shirt, or zip her pants, but I do know one thing, she WILL do it. This girl will never play the victim role and I suspect will be an overachiever. That makes me even prouder to think that I'm her mother. All of her stubbornness is certainly an asset!

It's the small things that you and I take for granted.

No comments: