Monday, September 7, 2009

My American Girl and Going to the Zoo

Where to begin? It has been nonstop busy since my last post. I'm seeing a trend with that.


We managed to get in a trip to the zoo this weekend. We have not been in years and it was a nice day on Saturday to venture out. I managed to get a couple of hours of sleep that morning after work and then we headed out with our family, one of Ashton's friends and Brady's friend. She is female and he likes her so I guess that makes her his girlfriend. I, on the other hand, have a hard time with that since I am a mother and my oldest son should not be old enough to be interested in girls. I'm not sure where those years went that girls were yucky and we only tolerated them to now when they have become much more interesting. Let me say to all you mothers that have little boys, this is harder than I thought it would be. She is a lovely girl and I like her but it's just WEIRD to be in this place right now. Prepare yourself....not easy. Okay, enough about that.


So trying to get a picture of Ashton and his buddy A.O. was like pulling teeth. Also, the picture that I took of Brady and his friend would have been great had he kept his eyes open in the picture. Therefore there are no pictures of Brady and his friend.


On my daddy's shoulders.


Checking out the giraffe while hitching a ride on my dad.
Emma looks so cute in this picture. I look like someone who had worked for 2 nights and only gotten 3 hours sleep that morning. I've noticed that those lines I have earned are becoming more prominent:)


Nothing says relaxing like Munchos and juice.

In my next life I want to come back as a camel. Do you think that they have some type of dialogue going on?


Emma actually touched the goat. Only once and for less than a second, but progress was made on the animal front.
Being a monkey. She has learned to put her hands underneath her and make a monkey sound. Yes, I taught her that and am considering homeschooling in the future. Want to sign your kid up for my classes?




Puckering up to give mom a kiss.

Emma really liked the fish and the reptiles. She was fascinated with them once she realized they were behind glass.





INTRODUCING BITTY BABY, OUR FIRST AMERICAN GIRL DOLL. These pictures are out of sequence, however Emma is checking out the American Girl catalogue (a girl after my own heart) and wanted her doll left right beside her while she does so.

Taking Bitty Baby for a ride in her baby carrier. See how concerned she is about Bitty Baby's comfort and safety. She is going to make a wonderful mom someday....

Can you help me with this mom?



When the box arrived with Bitty Baby in it Emma went straight to the kitchen drawer that holds the silverware, reached in (she can't see into it yet) and got out a butter knife and brought it to me to open the box. I had to give her a brief tutorial in safety and not playing with knives and then we cut into that box and got out our first American Girl doll in celebration of our first anniversary of Gotcha Day.


So having a girl that is beginning to like dolls is pretty fun. She is so sweet with them most of the time. She likes for them to sit next to her while she watches T.V. She kisses them before she goes up to take a nap. Then she tosses them off the chair and goes on. It's all really cute.
Emma is really chattering away these days. None of it makes much sense, but she is really trying to talk. She will just begin talking and is so animated. If things are not going her way, she is quick to scream and tell us "stop it". Amazing the 2 words that she knows so well. She is also in the constant kiss me mode. She thinks that no matter what she does if she puckers up her lips that everything is okay. I'm having a hard time making her understand that I won't kiss her when she is in trouble and she has to wait until she has calmed down or gets out of time out. This girl is STRONG WILLED. Her O.T. keeps telling me to pray for her future husband. I keep telling her to pray for her mother!

2 comments:

Erica said...

What cute pics! I love the one with the giraffe in the background the best.

Okay, Momma, how can you not kiss that precious face anytime she puckers up?:) She is just so adorable. She has flourished over the last year!

Maria said...

Did you get the Asian Bitty Baby? You've set a spark off for me for a gift for Gotcha Day.... maybe it could be a tradition. Seems appropriate to get an "American Girl" baby for my American girl, huh? But, of course, the Asian featured one. :-) Love the pix -- very sad that there were no pix of Brady and his "friend". I can't and WILL NOT go there willingly. I am the only girl my boy needs -- oh wait, that sounds wrong, but you know what I mean. I'm glad for the advice, but I can't imagine being there (in a few years, no less). What will I do -- he's my baby????