Monday, August 20, 2012

College Life Begins


Well, it's official. We moved our "baby" boy off to school yesterday and I may or may not have been a bit of an emotional wreck. I managed to contain my sobbing to some degree but I will have to say when he drove away yesterday morning to start his early day I might have fell apart just a little.

He left early because his band auditions started yesterday morning and by the time we got there yesterday afternoon to get him moved in he was absolutely exhausted and still had several hours to go before the tryouts were over. He has more auditions today and will hopefully know if he makes the drum line before too long. He was pretty excited and a little misty eyed I think.




So little Miss thinks that she is all that! She kept telling us after we left school yesterday that she wanted to go back to "Brother's house". I think I know a little girl who is going to miss a big brother and I suspect the feeling will be mutual.  




I guess I was the typical mom over the last few days. Brady kept joking about all the stuff I had for his dorm but I couldn't help myself. I tried really hard to anticipate things he would need and have them available for him. I don't even want to think about what his room will look like in only a short period of time. His roommate moves in on Saturday and I suspect that he will have to step over a lot of dirty clothes to get in the room. He will probably thank me for the air freshener that I placed in the room.



So a new chapter in our lives begin. Emma had her first full day of Kindergarten on Thursday and there are no pictures because it wasn't pretty and pictures of her being pulled off my leg would only make us all cry. Thankfully her sweet teacher called me a couple of hours later to tell me that she was doing great and was happy. She goes back tomorrow and I guess that will be the true test since all of the kiddos will be there tomorrow. She keeps telling me she will stay at "mommas white house" and isn't too interested in going to school. Hopefully that will change.


Our last day of freedom is going to be spent going to get our flower girl dress.....say a prayer. We are also going to visit my aunt which should be much more pleasant than the dress part of our day! 






No comments: