Wednesday, August 17, 2011

mamamamamamamamamamama

Yes, that is what I have heard for the last couple of days. She has changed the way she calls for me and has started running it all together Without Taking a Breath!! If it were not so annoying, it might be cute!


Today was her first day back at school and on top of the nonstop mamamamamama, I have also heard "school, backpack, school, backpack". Needless to say she was very excited to go to school, but was confused when some of the kids from last year were not there.


She said backpack so many times yesterday that I finally had to sssshhh her and then she proceeded to whisper the word backpack to me.


Pooping on the potty is going well. She is very proud of herself and tells me "poo poo potty" when she needs to do it and then about 5 gazillion times after that.


Okay, so let's talk about Brady. My dear, sweet eldest child who I fear may live in our basement for all of eternity, God Bless him. (Remember, in the south you can say anything you want to about some as long as you God Bless them). He and I had a rather heated exchange the first morning back to school. Not to bore you with the details, but I was attempting to get his lunch together and apparently I was not quick enough and so I had to explain to him in a very ugly way that he could fix his on lunch. I think the veil was lifted, because he changed his tune the next morning. Of course, he forgot his lunchbox after fixing his lunch. Do you see a trend here? The lunchbox that he forgot was an old one that is about too small for his middle of the day feast and therefore I had bought him a new lunchbox a few weeks ago before band camp. After band camp, I have not seen the lunch box and apparently neither had he which really made me made because I spend $12 on that stupid thing and then he lost it.



I came home yesterday after soccer practice and Brady's truck was parked close to the house with the tailgate down and the aforementioned lunch box laying on it, open. Never a good sign. As I approached it I was certain that he had killed someone and the body was in the bed of the truck because the smell was bad. I have been a nurse for 20 years and I know bad smells, trust me on this. I came into the house and he came to tell me the story behind the stinky lunchbox. Apparently, in an effort to teach Brady a lesson about being so forgetful, his drum teacher hid the lunchbox (after Brady had left it at school) in the instrument trailer and it has been there for the last 2 weeks. It had contained a bowl that had salad and chicken in it, along with dressing. Are you holding your nose?


When I asked Brady if he had learned his lesson he told me "apparently not, I forgot my backpack this afternoon and left it at school." Do you see why I am concerned about this kid going to college? I suspect it might be the best thing that ever happens to him, but Lord help him.


Along the same lines, Brady asked me to help him send a letter last night. No problem. Then he tells me that he tried to send it 3 times already but his friend in Basic training has not gotten it. Then he asks me if a letter needs to have a stamp on it. When I tell him, why yes it does, he figures out why the letters have not been received. Dear Lord, again I say, help this child. When I asked him how he got to be a Senior and not know how to send a letter, because I remember us studying that and taking a walking tour of the post office, he told me "Mom, we don't send letters anymore, we just text." That is the soceity that we are living in my friends.


So when I finally fell into a slumber last night, I thanked God for my kids and all their antics. I also determined that I will not throw away the stinky lunchbox and will somehome figure out how to get the dead body stinch out it before the cops show up at my house.

2 comments:

Beth T. said...

This post made me laugh!

Melissa said...

Pretty sure I'd make Brady clean out his own nasty lunch box! :)

Hope Emma has had a fabulous week at school.