Thursday, August 11, 2011

Another Milestone....Let's All Say Praise The Lord

It is with great delight and relief that I can finally say, Emma POOPED IN THE POTTY! Can I get a Hallelujah and an Amen.



I decided a few days ago to start getting her up during the night and letting her use the potty so that we can get up dry in the mornings and get rid of Pullups. So I have set my alarm and gotten up with her every couple of hours and let her pee and go right back to bed. She has done amazing, except it really messes with her poop schedule, which is waiting until she goes to bed at night and using a Pullup. Let's just say, you can only hold it for so long, espescially when Miralax is involved, so I knew she would have to go sometime. That sometime was yesterday evening when I was cooking dinner and she gave me that sad look and told me she needed a diaper to poo poo. I told her no and off to the potty we went. WARNING....this may be to graphic for some readers..unless you are a mom and nothing bothers you.



She managed to poop just a little bit and told me she was all done. Obviously she wasn't. After screaming, crying, begging and pleading to get off the potty (her..not me), I convinced her that all she had to do was relax and it would happen. TOUCHDOWN! She finally managed to have the poops of all poops and was very proud of herself but quick to flush the potty. She had to call daddy right away and tell him the news and for that she was rewarded with M&M's and a ride on the 4-wheeler.



So today is a new day and we will see where we are headed. I will have to say that it is a pain getting up with her during the night, but she is so sweet in that sleepy state of mind when she always tells me she loves me and has to give me a kiss. Those moments are the ones that melt my heart and make me thank God for sending this girl into our lives.



At long last, school is about to start back. Can I get another Amen! The boys go back tomorrow and Emma goes back next week. She is so excited and has been talking about "Miss Nay" on a regular basis. I think that I may let her stay for nap/rest time this year. She really wanted to last year and I just couldn't do it. I'm not sure that I can now either. I'm just not ready to let her be gone that long, even though it's really only another hour. It just seems too soon. She has grown up too fast and I'm not ready.



Speaking of....Brady being a Senior is another weird emotional thing for me. Granted, there have been occasions when I didn't think I would live to see this day get here and we are not out of the woods yet. A Senior....Didn't I just give birth to him and sit in the floor for hours and play dinosaurs and watch Barney? How did this happen? You can see why I might have a hard time letting Emma stay all day at school. I am on an emotional roller coaster here!



These pictures are not that great. Number one, they were taken with my point and shoot and number 2, taking any picture of Emma is not an easy task.


Look at her crazy hair. We are about to cut a couple of inches off..I think.
Waiting on gymnastics to start and looking rather sassy I might say.


Just hanging with her brother at another basketball tournament.




Well, today we are headed to speech, or the beach as Emma likes to tell me. The boys are going to tag along and we are planning on having lunch and running a few last minute errands before heading back to school tomorrow morning. So it's back to the grind here. I must say that I might be ready for that. Just looking ahead to the next few weeks, football games start and Brady will be marching, Ashton will start basketball soon (did he ever get a break), Emma is having soccer practice twice a week and starting her games soon....Then it will be Halloween and Thanksgiving and Christmas.......Where does time go?








On that light note, I will say have a good day.






2 comments:

Lindsey Carney said...

Yay Emma! And she looks like a little lady, she's getting so big and is beautiful as always!

Melissa said...

Well, they may be growing up too fast, but I bet you'll be shouting with joy as the two older ones head off to school tomorrow. :)

And I have to say, you are very dedicated to be setting your alarm every night to get up for poop dates. LOL