Wednesday, April 13, 2011

You Are Putting WHAT in My EARS

Several years ago there was a little old lady who wrote about all the "social gatherings" in our area. Granted, it's a small town so she made do with what she had. I always recall that she ended a lot of those social reviews with "A Good Time Was Had By All." Let me just say that today, a good time WAS NOT had by all. That includes Emma, 2 Audiologists, and me. NONE of us had a good time. Honestly, it might be a toss up deciding who had the worst time. Emma has been fitted for her hearing aids and now we are waiting the money game. Luckily our insurance actually pays some on the hearing aids which is unusual. The Audiology Department recommended that we attempt to apply for a grant and see if it might cover some of the expense. I decided that might not be a bad idea and if it's available we can take advantage of it. If not, at least we tried. After leaving the hospital, Emma and I made a dash through the McDonald's drive thru and got her some fries to snack on while I attempted to make a quick Publix run. She was extremely tired and I wasn't so sure it was a good idea. Luckily the Mac Truck shopping carts were available and she was able to drive and yell a lot. They were happy yells, but yells nonetheless. Everything was going fine until we checked out and headed to the car. A sweet little man was returning the carts and he waited patiently for mine. Emma did not want to give it up. She had the meltdown of all meltdowns and I finally got her in the car seat without her hurting herself and got the heck out of Dodge. Oh Dear Lord, the drama is killing me! She slept all the way home and is now relaxing while watching a movie. She has decided that she likes laying on the couch with several blankets on her, tucked in tight. She even called for me this morning to come to her and when I did all she wanted was for me to hand her her drink that was RIGHT BESIDE HER on the table. A Diva you might say......

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Rory and Emma might have a time together with their diva attitudes. She's been giving my mom very specific instructions on how to play with her.

Can't believe insurance doesn't cover hearing aids!