Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Our Wild and Crazy Life

This week has been incredibly crazy. I have worked 2 extra night shifts and anytime that I do, things get just wild around here. It's like our home loses all control. Adding to the stress was an unplanned doctor's appointment because Emma was complaining about her ear hurting. Dr. H saw her yesterday and since there was no sign of infection, he thinks it all stems from the different procedures she has been through the last 2 weeks. The poor kid acted like a we were killing her when he examined her ears and it took all the strength that I could muster to hold her down. Luckily (not for him), Bo was with me and was able to help with the torture. He likes to be the good guy so it was a great opportunity for him to witness what I have been going through during all of our ear appointments.

















While I am on the subject of my sweet, precious daughter.......we are entering into a phase that is not fun. She has suddenly become very difficult. This child is under the impression that she rules the world. We have had some major battles over the last few days. It's time to bring out the time out chair and get down to some serious discipline. I have to say that girls are more difficult than boys. My friends told me this, but it is so true. It's constant DRAMA with her. Everything is a meltdown! Oh how I look forward to the teen years with her:) So say a prayer that we can maintain our sanity while teaching her that the world really doesn't revolve around her.




















The rest of our week consists of dinner tonight with my aunt (yummy), soccer practice, Easter egg hunts, an IEP meeting with Emma's teachers and therapists, working another shift, attempting to gain control of my laundry, more tennis for Ashton, and so on and so on and so on!

2 comments:

Bullock Family said...

Hey gal, This is Kelly from the Walgreens in Clarksville! hahha I am FINALLY looking up your blog. I saw that you are super busy but if you have a Clarksville day we would LOVE to get together with you guys!

bullockfamily77@gmail.com

Melissa said...

Extra shifts do not sound like fun! Sorry Emma has not been feeling well. We had one of those unexpected trips to see Dr. H this week as well!