Thursday, February 10, 2011

I AM "SNOW" OVER IT

Why yes, I do realize that is a lame title, but what can I say? I am about tired of snow and cold and more importantly, SNOW DAYS. These kids need to be in school already!!



So today marks the last official snow day for our school system. Now it's time to get serious and start taking away spring break days. As I said, enough already.




Well, it's been a week and you would think that I had some major Earth shattering news to talk about, but considering my life......nothing too Earth shattering here.




Emma has started singing - a lot. Her favorite songs are "Hinkle Hinkle" (better known as Twinkle, Twinkle" and "Round Bus". You guessed it, "The Wheels on the Bus". She is so funny and animated and just loves to sing at the top of her lungs. I love it.


Other News:

  • she touched Gypsy (our Bassett Hound). As most of you know, she is terrified of dogs and screams when they look at her. She actually sat down next to me and rubbed Gypsy's ears and touched her nose and then proceeded to tell me "Dirty - wash it" and got up and washed her hands. Germ freak - but progress nonetheless.
  • Upon being disciplined by her father for throwing her cup in the floor and refusing to pick it up and demanding that he do it, she screamed and cried and immediately came to me to tell on Daddy for disciplining her. She was out of luck as her cold hearted mom didn't fall for her scam, I mean tears.
  • Ashton found cotton candy underneath his old bed that was approximately 2 years old and could have been used to hammer with. Just thought I would throw that one in so you get an idea of how tidy my children are. Refer back to the mice and year old Christmas candy if you have any doubts.
  • We signed Emma up to play soccer. Yes, our girl is going to be the new queen of the soccer field. Just wait. And there are some of the cutest pink shin guards at Target. Did I mention she is going to be queen?
  • After much review and consideration, I just ordered a new car seat for our girl. I realize that isn't exactly Earth shattering news, but considering it means she is getting too big for her old one and I can't believe how tall she is getting, I knew everyone would want to know that.
  • I drove to work last night in the snow and ice and didn't have any problems. Of course I was driving my mother's 4WD truck and felt like such a redneck renegade. Loved it.
  • Emma has a birthday this weekend and we are attending a CNY celebration Saturday night. We are looking so forward to it and enjoy seeing those adorable girls and boys running around and having fun.
  • check out the Markmiller blog on my list of favorites. Her latest post is so precious and I can relate to it so well.
  • The End

No comments: