Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Can You Hear Me?

So yesterday was one of those days and today isn't starting out a lot better.




I had a meeting at work and while I was there I got a call (or 2) about Emma having some blood coming from her ear at preschool. I went to get her and sure enough, she had some bleeding from her left ear. That is the ear that still has a tube in it so I gave the doctor a call and got an appointment to check it out. Of course we had to see a different doc, but she was great and Emma did well. The doctor seemed to think that Emma may have put something in her ear and scratched it. I'm not so sure what happened, but the doc didn't think it was infected and gave us some drops to use. Hopefully that will do the trick. Emma doesn't act like it hurts at all, but is very fascinated with the whole bloody ear and cotton ball thing.



We have an appointment today (scheduled weeks ago) to have her hearing checked - AGAIN. I am very hopeful that this will be the time that it actually works out. I have 2 bags of chocolate Kisses ready and waiting for her treat. Please say a prayer that today will be successful. Obviously her speech is directly related to her hearing and I so hope we can determine for sure if she is hearing like she should.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Thinking of you today and hope the hearing test goes well.