Sunday, February 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Brady

My baby boy turned 17 yesterday and I was a bit teary all day. Where did 17 years go? And next year.....he will be 18 and I can't even think about it. The pictures at the bottom seem like only yesterday. I apologize for the poor quality, but Bo is responsible. Check out my hair after being in labor for 12 hours.



We spent the day at home and had his favorite foods for dinner. Bo grilled steak and salmon and I made him a cheesecake. I think he had a nice day and after having a particularly trying week, I was hoping he would. It's hard being a teenager and it's really hard being a teenager's mother. As Beth Moore says "you are only as happy as your saddest child".




His birthday present was tickets to a concert with his dad. Dad does rock concert duty, unless it just happens to be someone I like. They are going to see RUSH in April.



I realized that I had no candles after the fact, so we improvised with what we did have. He chose 4o4.
My other son Cory.







2 comments:

Beth T. said...

I'm getting old!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the hair! Been there, done that. ha ha Tim and Peyton also going to Rush concert. Peyton got
his ticket for his bday also. They oughta go together. Angel