Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Scream Heard Round the Mall

Imagine if you will the sound of a dying animal that is in horrible agony or perhaps a hyena out on the Savannah or one of those really loud monkeys.....triple that and you have the sound that was coming from the bathroom in JCPenny earlier today when Emma locked herself in the bathroom stall. She had just been warned by her mother that was about to happen if she didn't wait on me, but NO! Little Miss Stubborn went right in the stall while mom attempted to maneuver the stroller, bags, purse and I heard it when she locked it. All she had to do was push the handle and it would have been fine, (it's not like she doesn't do it all the time when mom's in there with her) but she was in panic mode and wasn't able to do it. I finally managed to get her to crawl under the door, but the simpering, whining, and pitiful cry that remained just about drove me over the edge. Of course I hear people saying, "what's wrong?" I also hear an employee say "how are we going to get that door open?" Well, I didn't stick around to find out. We headed for the EXIT and never looked back.




So we are home from an exciting morning of shopping - that's a complete lie. I am attempting to find a dress for my nephew's wedding and there is nothing pleasant about that so far. Especially while shopping with my little helper:) She was too fascinated with the mannequins and trying to put her hands in their pockets and look at their feet. So we are home and she is down for a nap while wearing her bikini and that's alright with me.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Oh, no!!

And shopping for yourself with a 3 year old is pretty much impossible.