Thursday, September 2, 2010

Gotcha Party Pics

Well our family celebration was a lot of fun and Emma loved being the center of attention. Imagine that?




Emma and Giggee. Is that not a sweet picture?

Loving on my Bop.



Emma and Aunt Pam. Please know that Emma does have clothes and she started the party with all of them on. You know what they say, it's not a party until someone loses some clothes. Well, the shirt came off! This girl has a strong will and hated the shirt that I put on her from the very beginning. She was thrilled to finally take it off.


Emma is totally loving her new shopping cart. This was a big hit!


Emma and her Uncle Johnny. She calls him Uncle Lolly and worships him.


I think Christmas will be fun this year. She has mastered this whole opening presents thing.

A tractor from Bop. Yes, our girl loves tractors. She is just fascinated with them.

A John Deere tractor from Aunt Sue and Uncle Johnny. This was the first present that she opened and I didn't think she was ever going to make it to any of the others. Look at those hands on the hips. I'm getting a lot of that these days.





It's hard to believe that it's been two years since Emma came on the scene. Oh how she has changed and grown and the personality that has evolved. It's amazing to reflect back.
Gotcha day was a day that I will never forget. It was a hard day for all of us. When I think about poor Emma and how she was handed to total strangers and had to be wondering what in the world was going on and who are these people and why do they sound so strange. I can only imagine the thoughts that went through her little head. She was so little and frail and sad. That first night will always be hard to think about. The first few days were difficult and I remember someone leaving me a comment that encouraged me and told me to hang on and the third day would make a difference and it did.
There are times when she looks into my face and I just know that she feels so secure and she knows that I'm her mom and I will never leave her. While I changed a diaper at nap time yesterday she looked up at me and without me saying a word she said "I love you" and signed it as well. Totally unsolicited. Needless to say I was beaming. She is a treasure and I am so thankful.


1 comment:

Maria said...

Isn't "I love you" the most wonderful phrase??? Especially out of sweet little girl's mouths? I love that Emma won't wear clothes -- makes me feel better!! Wanna' go play with them sometime soon? PV Park would be a great option now that it's getting cooler -- even a half an hour would be nice!