Friday, May 21, 2010

Our Week In Review

I get tired of saying it and I'm sure everyone gets tired of hearing it, but man, another busy week. I will be so glad when school is out and banquets are over and all the end of the year things that keep you so busy are done.


Monday night Brady had a band performance. I would offer to show the video but the graphics are horrible and it reminds me of the Blair Witch Project. The music sounded great however! I think the reason the graphics are terrible might have something to do with recording it while holding a 3 year old who was "blowing" her horn and pointed out her Bubba. It was pretty hilarious.


Tuesday night was the sports banquet for Ashton's school. I would also post a picture of him receiving his awards, but he accepted them so quickly that I just wasn't' fast enough. Again, I think it may have had something to do with holding a 3 year old who was attempting to feed herself spaghetti and it landing on my shoes.


Wednesday, speech. We then had a play date with Ian, a little boy at speech. Emma was a bit unsure of the whole play area at McDonald's. She wanted me to climb and I just kept telling her she was on her own. After a while, I looked up and she was at the top with a smile that was beaming with pride and down the slide she came. After that, she was hooked. She wasn't scared anymore and I have never been more proud of her determination. I was not proud of the "fit" she had when it was time to leave.


Ashton and friends at the banquet. If you could bottle that "coolness" and sell it, WOW.....


Thursday was also speech and a drive home in torrential rains. I was afraid we were about to have more flooding but so far so good. Yesterday afternoon I had to take Brady shopping for a suit. My baby is growing up. Luckily we found one on our first try and he has never looked more handsome, just ask him. He has his band banquet tonight and I'm pretty sure he will be the best dressed guy there. I wish I could attend but I have to work as usual. After shopping, we headed to Kroger to do some much needed grocery shopping. It turned into a late night, but we managed to get it all done.
So that was my busy week in a nutshell. A busy weekend is ahead since Bo has to work tomorrow. Thank goodness I don't have any extra shifts this week and I hope to be able to go to church on Sunday. I have not been to church in 6 weeks since I have been working extra! I'm pretty sure they will hand me a visitor's card when I walk in.
Have a great weekend.

4 comments:

Maria said...

Blown away by the photo of Emma in the glasses. She looks so ... mature!! How did she grow up so fast??? :-) Hey, if you manage to bottle that coolness, could you sell me some? Apparently all my cool has fallen off of me and my son has determined I'm the most UN-COOL person in the world. Still amazed at how much the "Cool" son looks like Tim Urban. Has no one else said this to him???

Lori said...

Your Emma in those sunglasses is ADORABLE!!!

Melissa said...

We'll be happy to see you at church! :)

Amy said...

Emma does look so grown up in those sunglasses. And the cool boys...wow! They completely crack me up with their hands in their pockets! Hope you have a good weekend even though it's busy!