Thursday, May 13, 2010

Doesn't Anyone in this House Wear Clothes?

First of all, HAPPY 14th BIRTHDAY to my Ashton. Yes, he has lived to 14. I make no guarantees about 15.......


He always wants (demands) breakfast in bed on his birthday and I try to oblige. This morning he had 4 cherry turnovers and 5 pieces of bacon. Not too bad for a birthday breakfast. Doesn't he just look so happy.

My sweet sleeping angel......

These are some not so good pictures from gymnastics last week. Emma is loving "jump, jump" as she calls it. However this week she was being challenged by her teacher to do a seat bounce and she was not interested. Emma gave her "the look" and her teacher along with the other moms lost it laughing. She has mastered the cutting her eyes look and she knows it. She did not do a seat bounce.

We had dinner last night with my in-laws and Uncle Edd to celebrate Ashton's birthday as well as a late celebration for Brady. We ate a Kobe's and Emma was completely mesmerized with the hibachi grill and the chef's hat.

I'm sure that it's hard to tell which of these two causes me the most trouble. I'll give you a hint, the one on the left....Please say a prayer that he passes his Algebra I exam today. I thought he was downstairs studying last night but he inadvertently admitted to me that he was watching Star Wars instead.


This is a horrible picture, but the scene is too cute. Bo took this Saturday while the kids were outside on the Jump Jump. Notice that they are all topless. Emma thinks she has to be just like the boys. The trampoline is her new favorite toy of all times.


Continues to be topless and zipping herself up in it.


Topless jumping. Look at that smile. What a life! She tried to get mommy to take her top off as well, but that would not be as cute!



It has been another busy week. The boys finally went back to school yesterday and only have a couple of weeks left. Those days are filled with exams and concerts and banquets, etc. If the week off due to the flood was any indication, I may have to kill some more chickens. These boys are eating me out of house and home!



Emma and I had and appointment on Tuesday with the Technology Access Center and that was a really cool deal. They have lots of toys and games and computers that allow individuals with special needs to use them. We brought home the coolest mouse for Emma to give a trial run. It has a large tracking ball in the center and 2 buttons on each side for her to use. We have not played any games yet but I can't wait to give it a try. She is loving it so far while she watches Shaun the Sheep. Who is this Shaun you ask? He and his fellow flock members have taken over where the Wiggles left off. It is her favorite thing to watch and when she wants to watch it she comes and gets me and makes a sheep sound. It does concern me that there are no words in it, but she has mastered "baa, baa" and perhaps will make a good shepherd someday.
Speech therapy continues. When Emma finished up yesterday Ms. Jane (the sweetest woman on this Earth) came out and so sweetly said "Let's go outside to talk." NEVER A GOOD SIGN. She told me that Emma and her butted heads yesterday. I AM SHOCKED. Emma is intent on doing everything her way and doesn't want to listen at times. AGAIN, I AM SHOCKED. So we just decided that it was okay to be a little firmer with her at speech in an attempt to get her attention. While getting ready for speech this morning I kept telling her we were going to see Ms. Jane and that she was going to have to be a really good listener and a good girl for Ms. Jane. Emma kept telling me "Doe". However, Ms. Jane was all smiles today when Emma was finished and apparently had listened and did a great job. I'm telling you, this little girl is a mess! She knows how to work it.
At long last I managed to purchase some furniture for the man cave den. It had consisted of a twin mattress and bean bags and now it has a real sofa with recliners on each end as well as a extra large recliner and end table. The boys are so happy. Ashton picked out a lamp last night and then informed me he wanted to "pimp" it up down there with a strobe light, lava lamps and a small refrigerator. Needless to say, there ain't gonna be no pimping in this house!

1 comment:

Maria said...

Ok, so Ashton looks JUST LIKE that guy that was on American Idol this season, Tim Urban. AMAZING resemblence. I can SO get what you mean by the statement "I AM SO SHOCKED." Nothing they tell me about Ellie will EVER surprise me. Love Emma's hair -- getting so long!!