Friday, February 26, 2010

Our Week in Review, Sorry No Pics:)

I apologize for not having any new pictures, but we have not spent much time with the camera this week. If I had, it would have been pictures of Emma sitting on the potty making crazy faces and each time I did attempt to capture that moment, she changes her tune and starts to scream to hold the camera. I decided it wasn't worth it.


The latest potty update. She stayed dry yesterday and used the potty very well. The best part is that she didn't scream and cry each time she actually peed. She is beginning to get the hang of it. She did have a little number 2 accident, and that really upset her. I almost think she has some kind of weird hang up with the whole thing, but at least it's getting better. She loves to make faces at me while I sit with her and sing, read, play, etc. I call it the crazy eye. She pulls me in close and makes the funniest faces. Of course I laugh and she thinks that's the funniest part. So week in review, much better on the potty front. I suspect we still have a long way to go, but we are getting there.


This has been another busy week for our family as usual. I worked Sunday and it was one of those days that I would like to forget. I had a meeting at work on Monday morning and Emma had gymnastics that night. Tuesday was fun filled with a mammogram. Nothing says fun like that! Wednesday we had speech. Thursday, speech as canceled due to our therapist being at a conference and I was thrilled. We didn't have to go anywhere and I spent the entire day cleaning house with my little helper. We rearranged the furniture in the living room, vacuumed, mopped, dusted, cleaned out toys and clutter, did laundry (it was actually nice and sunny and I hung out the sheets...I love that:) and made dinner. She and I had a very good day. Of course the down side to that is that my right shoulder is killing me. It always hurts to some degree, but this week has been horrible. I actually took a muscle relaxer Wednesday evening and woke up feeling so much better yesterday morning. I think that is why I decided to do all the rearranging and I didn't think about the repercussions. Oh well, it stinks to get old!


Our weekend is up in the air. I think there may be about 5 or 6 boys here tonight, but the great part of that is that I'm at work:) Otherwise, we don't have any major plans.


Emma goes to the Endocrinologist on Monday and if you will, say a little prayer about that. I'm not sure what the plan will be, but I'm sure it won't be a lot of fun.


Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow! You've had a busy week. Hope you can get some rest this weekend.

I'll be praying about Monday and Emma's appointment!