Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Hard Weekend

We had a good weekend, but it was filled with tears as well. My first cousin is leaving for his second tour of Iraq. He will be leaving in a couple of months, but they left for training this weekend. He will only be home for a few days over Christmas and we probably will not get a chance to see him. There was a departure ceremony Sunday morning at the court house and let me say, it was cold! These guys and gals stood at attention for a long time while different people spoke and then they loaded up on 3 buses and headed out. I love my cousin and hate to see him leave, but I can only imagine what it's like for other family members. It was hard to watch those dads saying goodbye to their kids and wives. Regardless of your feelings regarding the war or the government, you have to appreciate our soldiers and their families.

The 278 th flag.
Saying goodbye to Aunt Marian (my mom).

Standing at attention. He's so dapper.

We had a Christmas celebration with my mother's family over the weekend and had an opportunity to tell our favorite soldier goodbye. This is Todd and my step father.

Todd with the aunts and his mother.

Brady and Kayla. Cute couple.

Ashton is almost as tall as my 21 year old nephew Ben. Watch out big boy! All those times you have picked on the little guy!

I love this picture of Emma touching Todd's face. I think it's the sweetest thing ever.

Emma and Uncle Floyd and Aunt Francis.

Emma and her Uncle Harvey.


No comments: