Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Catching Up

We survived the weekend and Brady is on the mend. So far the other kids have not come down with the crud although Ashton is fighting a cough and Emma continues to have a rash on her face. I broke down and took her to the doctor yesterday and he said to just continue putting lotion on it and it should get better. This morning her eyes were almost closed due to her face being so puffy and red. She did get in bed later last night after being at the ballgames for several hours so I am attributing some of that to exhaustion. I gave her some Benadryl and I think that has helped some. I will be so glad when her sweet little face clears up.


Ashton had his first ballgame last night and ended up playing for the J.V. team and the Varsity team. He scored 4 points in the J.V. game and 2 in the Varsity game. He seemed to like it and I think he is happy with his decision to change schools. I am. I really like his teachers and the administration of the school.


Emma was entertaining everyone while Ashton played ball. She kept yelling "Bubba" to him but of course he was ignoring her. The funniest part was her with the mascot (a bear cat?). She so wanted to touch the mascot and every time he would come near her she would panic and turn away. It was so cute. She was very brave while he was several feet away from her but not so much when he came near. I attempted to get a picture of her reaching to touch him but it was so short lived that I couldn't get the picture taken quick enough.



So I had a very good weekend in the grocery shopping arena. Kroger and Harris Teeter were running triples and I racked up! I bought $337.11 worth of groceries and spent $153.13. Not a bad deal. I saved $178 in coupons, with my best percentage at Kroger being 76% one stop, 68% on another stop, and 63% on my last stop. My other great deals were at Publix. I LOVE PUBLIX. I bought 6 packages of Nestle cookies for $3. Great to have in the freezer. Some of my favorite free items included:

  • Fleischmann's yeast packets
  • Land of Lakes spreadable butter (5 containers)
  • Star Kist tuna packs
  • Kroger brand chips
  • Suave deodorant
  • Duracell batteries (2 packs)
  • Rad Baron pizza singles
  • Cover Girl lipstick
  • Tic Tac chillers

My really cheap stuff included:

  • 5 containers of Welchs juice (.44 cents each)
  • Aunt Jamima pancakes
  • Dominos brown sugar
  • Betty Crocker frosting (.12 cents each)
  • Minute Rice (.50 cents)
  • Smithfield bacon ($1.14 lb.)

Okay, so enough boring stuff. I am just really proud of my good deals and my freezer and pantry are stocked for some time to come.

During the ballgame Emma managed to snag Pop's hat.

None of my pictures of Ashton are very good. I have not mastered that whole action shot thing.
He's number 5 in case you can't tell.



Dede gave Emma a Blues Clues costume and it is a major HIT. She looked so cute playing in it and Bo managed to get a couple of not so hot pictures. And major news: Emma touched our dog Gypsy (basset hound) on the nose and the ear on Friday. SHOCKER. This is the closet she has ever gotten to her. I was so proud of her and you could tell she was so proud of herself. Of course Gypsy moved just an inch closer to her and Emma jumped up like she was about to be eaten!



1 comment:

Wife of the Pres. said...

I love publix too! And I LOVED the triple coupons! I went to Kr*ger 4 days in a row to use my 20-coupon limit each day! Thanks for inspiring me all those months ago to get back into the coupon game!

Hope everyone is completely well. And Emma sure did make an adorable Blue's Clue doggie!