Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A New Year Ahead

 
Yes, I know it has been FOREVER since I posted. Sorry. It's just been busy and when I started to post early this morning Blogger was doing something funny and I couldn't upload my pictures. Fortunately, there is a problem with the system because I assumed it was just me.
 
 
Life has returned back to some version of "normal". School is back in session, although today they were 2 hours late because of a chance of ice on the road and then they dismissed at 1:15 because of the chance of more ice. So far no ice, but we shall see.
 
 
Brady headed back to school today. He has enjoyed his break and Emma has become his new BFF. She has been in his room with him everyday and constantly telling him "Brother, don't close the door. Emma be right back". It has been adorable and I suspect they are both going to miss each other a lot. Even Ashton was a little bummed to see big brother heading back to school.
 
 
I started a new shift at work and had to work all weekend. The good thing is that I have several days off in a row and maybe, just maybe, I can get something done around here. That remains to be seen.
 
 
Life is a funny thing sometimes. During the holidays I had gone shopping one afternoon with the boys and one of their friends. It was a horrendous day. The wind was horrible. Unfortunately, when the boys were getting out of the car, the wind caught the door and slammed it in to the car next to me. It was actually the friend that it happened to, but that really is beside the point. Let me say, if you don't have teenagers, specifically teenage boys that you are insuring, you cannot possibly understand the panic you feel every time they get in a car. Insurance is more than expensive and unfortunately we have had a couple of hits on our policy already. To make a long story short, the sweet girl that was in the car next to me suffered a rather large dent in the side of her car. We exchanged information and after the holidays her mother called. We had the best conversation. Unfortunately it involved the estimate for the damage. After talking with our agent and each other it was decided it would just be cheaper for us to pay it out of pocket and so I spoke with the mother again today. It's so funny how people come in to our lives. Granted, I have not met this lady, but we have enjoyed talking on the phone so much. It was a very expensive way to make a new friend, but I am thankful that if the accident had to happen at least it was to someone very nice. Small world.
 
 
 
  
 
 Emma is using wrapping paper rolls as her skies. Pretty creative.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Yes, that dress came from China and is a size 2. She was convinced it still fit. I have some jeans that I have felt the same way about.....
 
 
Emma helping Daddy make dinner Sunday. Love the shower cap
 
 
Poor Emma has suffered horribly from Eczema. We went to see Dr. H on Friday and he immediately diagnosed her with a Staph infection. He started her on medications and told me to start using a bleach bath twice a week. Yes, I know that sounds like something from the dark ages, but we did it and I seriously think it is helping. We also started using a new cream and I think that is making a big difference too. The bleach concept is to help reduce the Staph on her skin and I am on board so far. She did great keeping her head out of the water and granted she smelled a little strong when she got out, if it works, we can deal with it.
 
 
.
 
 
 




No comments: