Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Memories


Christmas 2012 has come and gone. The tree has been put away and Bo is taking down the outside decorations as I type. I am still trying to clean up and get things back in some type of order but I suspect that will take a while. It was a good Christmas.
 
 
I found out that I am going to be a Great Aunt during the holidays. Aren't Great Aunts supposed to be old and wear aprons all the time. Mine were. Bob and Sarah are expecting in July and everyone is very excited about that. That poor baby will be rotten.
 
 
We went to church Sunday and while we were getting ready, Emma was coloring. Check out the glasses and teeth. No, we didn't let her wear that to church. We might have if we could have gotten away with it.
 
 
 
On that note, we have been looking for a church for several months now. We left our church in March and have not been going anywhere regularly. We have visited a new church the last two weeks and really enjoyed it. There are several Asian adoptees in the church that are Emma's age and we were really excited about that. Everyone made us feel so welcome and it had a really good feel to it. I don't know if that is the church for us but I know that of all the ones that we have visited it just felt right. I am excited to go back.
 
 
 
Here a some pictures from over the last few days. I have more on my new IPhone and will attempt to figure that all out. I have not been on the whole IPhone wagon, but I think that I may be on it now. I feel so 21st century.


 
My sweet and nutty nephew Ben with my kiddos. They love Ben and I think he feels the same.



Pap, Nanny and Ashton. Pap and Nanny have 7 grandsons total, 6 that they actually see and one granddaughter who thinks she is a boy.



Christmas morning at approx 8 a.m. (which is very late for our kids) I hear this little excited girl in our bedroom saying "Momma, Ho Ho, toys, choo choo train, close you eyes, come on, come on." I think she had looked down the steps and seen her train and she was adorable. She was so excited and couldn't wait to show us what she had found. She also went over to the fireplace and checked out the plate that she had left for Santa and told me "food all gone". I don't know anything about those Oreo Truffles that were left for Santa.




Ashton is a huge Duke fan and loved his hat. He also got a Duke phone case and Tervis mug that he is enjoying. Somehow, I managed not to get any pictures of Brady. What kind of mother am I?






We headed to Bo's parents house after opening presents at home and Emma had to help with the dishes. I love the way she is all bent over helping.



Emma loved Giggee's new Nativity scene. I am not so sure she is getting the whole meaning of it all and there was some action packed moments between baby Jesus and the wise men, but she was loving it.




Thanks to Pop and his diligence, our daughter is the proud owner of a Snowbird hat and gloves that he won after being the winning caller. Apparently there are not as many people calling at 4:30 in the  morning as there are in the afternoons when I am always trying to win money.




Emma is loving her Pop and his new toy. I love this picture.



Our girl loves Popeye. I don't know exactly why and even how she got in to it, but she loves him . She draws pictures of him and pretends to be him and whenever she and her brothers are fighting she yells for her spinach and I magically give it to her and she wins. Well, Gig found her some Popeye spinach for Christmas and it was a hit. She also got a remote control car from Aunt Pam that she loves. She is a menace with it, but she loves it.


 
 
So now it is back to reality. I am heading back to work tonight and Ashton is in a ball tournament for 3 days. Brady, poor baby, had all of his wisdom teeth removed yesterday and he may be a pitiful little thing right now. His jaws look like chipmunk cheeks, made worse by the fact the he shaved his beard a few days ago and now his face even looks more babyish. Say a prayer for him, he isn't the greatest patient, but he is doing pretty well. He has told me thank you repeatedly while I have been taking care of him. Emma was all on board to take care of him and was patting him and babying him yesterday. It was all good until he had an episode of vomiting and I heard her exclaim "Ooooh" and that just about did it for her. I couldn't help but laugh.
 
 
 
I hope your holiday were good and that the new year ahead will be the best yet.


1 comment:

Louise S. Lewis said...

Thank you for the picture of the children. It was a welcon surprise. I am a great fan of your blog and love your Mom.

Watching the children grow is an honor.
I hope you find the right church. It has to have a certain welcome feel, God will lead you.
Louise S. Lewis