Sunday, November 6, 2011

Our Princess....

Emma was the Jr. Princess for her preschool class and yesterday was her day to shine. Thank goodness it was short and sweet because she did much better than I expected her to do. She and her "prince", Landon, walked out, behaved, and smiled and that was the extent of that.
Are they not adorable?


This may be Emma's favorite person in the entire world. Amy is one of her teachers and she loves her so much. The feeling is obviously mutual. To make me feel even older than I do, I knew Amy when she was Emma's size!




Twirling and looking adorable.



Oh yes, she is sticking her tongue out and making a spitting sound at me as I attempt to take her picture. I know she needs a beating.....



Running away from me while I try to take her picture....


This man may just have his hands full with HIS daughter.




Yesterday was CRAZY busy around our house. Most of them are but yesterday was really nuts.




Brady had his last band competition at 9:30 a.m. and I rushed home from work and changed clothes and we took off for an hour drive to get to his competition. After that was over, we managed to grab some lunch and head home for Emma's fall festival. I managed to lay down for an hour and thankfully she took a brief nap in the car. Apparently that was all it took and she was refreshed and ready to shine. I on the other hand....






I managed to get her dressed in her "Rella" dress and shoes, attempt to curl her hair while constantly cleaning her nose which is running nonstop!




I would like to give a special shout out to my friend Dede, the only person that I know who will say to you, "I have some silver fabric and we can do this...." and my friend Kathy who helped Dede with Emma's shoes. As you know, Emma has those very unique feet and shoes are a major PROBLEM. I ordered 8 pair of shoes from Zappos because it is easier than trying to actually shop for them and of those 8 pair, one was a maybe and it only worked because Dede and Kathy were able to sew in the extra fabric and cover Emma's short foot. The shoes worked and I was thrilled. Thank you Dede and Kathy!




Emma had a lot of fun at the fall festival and we cut it short and had dinner with Pop and Gig and headed home. I was so ready for bed and may I say that although I was glad to "fall back" and get an extra hour of sleep, Emma didn't "fall" for anything and was up at her usual time....EARLY. I think the whole time change thing is for the birds.






So band season is over, soccer is finished and now basketball starts. Ashton had games yesterday that we missed because of everything else going on and of course he scored 14 points. I'm not feeling too guilty over it though because I know what the next few months will be like and it will be nonstop basketball and I am looking forward to that.






Today is church, eating lunch at mother's, laundry and grocery shopping. I also have to get all the glitter off the floor from the "rella" dress. Oh yes, my hardwood floor is sparkling from it. I have a feeling this just might be a sign of things to come in my life with a GIRL.


No comments: